Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My application to the NEW website Wetpits was DENIED! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66247-my-application-new-website-wetpits-denied.html)

THEJOKER 12-18-2003 08:18 PM

The problem is some people actually think they are bigger , smarter and richer than the sport itself. BH

Shane 12-18-2003 08:20 PM

Originally posted by Grin&Barrett
Brian,

I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. I feel that the Internet is making an impact on the sport and right now it may seem things arn't going so good but with open communication comes change, hopefully for the good of the sport. Because of the Internet I have learned allot about all forms of boat racing that I didn't know about before. I am one fan that hasn't or isn't losing interest because of the politics. I am doing everything I can as a fan and member to help the sport. The egos need to stop at the door, I don't care if your a multi millionaire or work for $7 hr at BK we all have something to contribute to the sport at one level or another. From the $1,000 stock outboards to the $1,000,000 super-cats we all race at a level we can afford. I for one welcome any and all opinions, maybe in one of them we can find some great idea's for the future, and fans are one of the best ways to find out what we're doing wrong, so to keep them out of the loop is wrong.

Matt

You got it!

Shane 12-18-2003 08:21 PM

Originally posted by THEJOKER
The problem is some people actually think they are bigger , smarter and richer than the sport itself. BH
RIGHT ON BRIAN!

GrinandBarrett 12-18-2003 08:33 PM

The racers that have gone to wetpits feel they have some place to talk privately, but they have created a shield between themselves , the fans, and future racers that they wish to attract to keep this sport from dying an even quicker death. All they had wished to accomplish could have been done here, there is a racers forum that is moderated on this websight, if they felt the need to make it more restrictive I'm sure it could have been done without another forum being created.
Of which it took all of a day and a failed pole, to make the broad decision that this was the best thing for Offshore Racing.

Matt

THEJOKER 12-18-2003 08:51 PM

Mark:

To be perfectly honest with you - I DON'T CARE! Spend (5) years and a wad of cash in this sport and you'll understand. BH

Qball 12-18-2003 08:53 PM

This is America right? Is there a rule somewhere that says someone can't make their own "private club" whether it is on the internet or in some building? I am a member of wetpits and I find the discussions about racing focused and constructive. Do you get mad and bash the Supercat, Supercat light, Super-V & etc. when you are not included in their conference calls? There is a time and a place and if you are not part of a race team then wetpits is not the place.
P.S.-Shane this is not aimed at you.
P.S.S.- OSO has been one of the greatest tools for powerboating and I love it here.
Keith McCue

GrinandBarrett 12-18-2003 08:54 PM

Originally posted by Mark Mathews
You guys are missing the point.

Wetpits was created to discuss race related topics. Things such as what standard engine, standard drives, etc. Should the average fan have a say in the motor of a race boat? My opinion is no. You are entitled to your opinion. Let's hear it.

How can we give an opinion if we don't have any idea what is being discussed, why do you feel past racers or future racers can't offer anything of value? The racers don't have much of a say in the motors of a race boat either, unless they decide not to race at certain sanctioning bodies races if they don't like the rules.

Matt

GrinandBarrett 12-18-2003 09:02 PM

Originally posted by Qball
This is America right? Is there a rule somewhere that says someone can't make their own "private club" whether it is on the internet or in some building? I am a member of wetpits and I find the discussions about racing focused and constructive. Do you get mad and bash the Supercat, Supercat light, Super-V & etc. when you are not included in their conference calls? There is a time and a place and if you are not part of a race team then wetpits is not the place.
P.S.-Shane this is not aimed at you.
P.S.S.- OSO has been one of the greatest tools for powerboating and I love it here.
Keith McCue

Keith,

It's not that they made a private forum it's that they did it publicly and at a time when openess was key.

Matt

GrinandBarrett 12-18-2003 09:16 PM

I am a voteing member of one of those santioning bodies and I did apply and have yet to hear back on that application one way or another, except for an automated acknowledgement of my application.

Matt

DJD 12-18-2003 09:24 PM

Originally posted by Mark Mathews
Outer,

Like it or not, he is doing something positive for the sport. He also seems to be an accomplished businessman who brings new life and money to the sport.

Mark

Your kidding............ right???
How does hiding behind closed doors do ANYTHING positive for the sport?
Another typical post from one of two (mabe three)particular parties.
Care to enlighten us on who told you what to type?