Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for info on ex- Ocean Spray raceboat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66260-looking-info-ex-ocean-spray-raceboat.html)

puder 12-15-2003 01:05 AM

"put a step in"

i think larry smith knows what he's doing. He saw no need for a step hence no step.

cig1988 12-15-2003 06:53 AM

Just my 2 cents, If Mark at Activator did the work it's top notch.

BJM 12-15-2003 08:09 AM

What I know about this boat.

The boat was damaged and repaired properly in California. Mark added steps to the boat and the boat ran very well, no problems with handleing and was very fast. The guys who owned it were scared of it. The boat was stolen and found stripped of all parts. I heard that a saw was used to remove some of the parts. The Canopy set up is DANGEROUS. If the boat goes over the canopy's will rip off. This is just what I was told. I 'm sure some of it is true. Marc's # @ Activator is 631 758 4121

Offshore Addiction 12-15-2003 08:15 AM

hey BJ,I see you made it out of teasers,I came back to check on ya a couple of times but never ran back into ya,hope all is well,I know you could have made a couple of extra races with what you dropped in there!

BJM 12-15-2003 08:39 AM

Al

I don't remember anything after about 11:00 that night! I woke up in a white Cadilac a block off of Duval street about 7:00am. Don't have a clue who's car it was.I flagged down a taxi to bring me to my truck, when I got to where I had left my truck, it was gone and my keys were no longer in my pocket. I had the taxi bring me back to the white Cadilac and found my keys on the floor. Now, I have my keys and just need to find my truck. I looked around town with the taxi guy but could'nt find my truck. I got dropped off back at my hotel and took a nap.
I woke up from my nap and called the police to see if they found my truck or If they were looking for me for some reason, remember now, I can't remember anything!!! The police said they were'nt looking for me and to check with the tow companys. I called tow companys and no one had my truck. I rented a moped and drove around for a little while and found my truck just a block off of Duval. It had a ticket on it and no damage, what a sigh of relief.
I still don't know how I got in that white Cadilac, but my ass did'nt hurt so I guess all is good. I even had a couple hundred left in my wallet, so the girls at teasers did'nt get it all. Good hangin with you from what I remember. Later.

Audiofn 12-15-2003 08:49 AM

Now that sounds like a night in Key West to me!!!! Be glad it was not Fantasy Fest :D:D

Offshore Addiction 12-15-2003 08:50 AM

I guess I should have checked on ya one more time!I had to surrender the keys and my bike to the lavey craft boys about 12:00,the next mornin I went back to there camp to find the bike and one of teagues guys had ridden it back to there,he said somethin about the front wheel off the ground in 2nd gear and to scared to run it past third,kevin finally showed up with it about an hour later with it still in one piece!

Smarty 12-15-2003 10:41 AM

Call Glassboro Autobody in Glassboro, NJ ask for Bill Durham, he owned the boat when it was "Bad Move", he owns the body shop. If he is available, he would provide insight on his experience with the boat. Nice guy, but is always busy. Good luck.

Sean 12-15-2003 12:02 PM

BJM,

I mean no disrespect to Mark, but I know one of the guys who ran the Penhall boat after the steps were put in it and if it ran fast and handled well, then why were they scared of it?

The fact is the boat handled poorly and was never right after the steps were put in it. Talk about fixing what wasn't broken...this boat is the poster child...had it just been repaired and put back on the water, it would have been fine. If I recall correctly, it was FAST in it's original trim.

Sean

puder 12-15-2003 01:18 PM

i gotta agree with sean that was the point i was trying to make.

i'm sure teh quality of work that activator did was top notch i just have to question why they would change an already proven fast good handlign design for an experiement that might or might not work.