Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   First Ride of the Year!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66350-first-ride-year.html)

traviss 12-15-2003 09:59 PM

Mitch.. looks like you found the snow :cool: Glad you had fun. i went up north just to get away, worked on a few things and rode the 4 wheeler to keep me busy, had about a inch of snow.

The sled is still idleing in the garage :D waiting for snow.

I hope you don't pull a 4 place trailer, cause on the way up a excursion a I had a few dissagreements and had to sorta put him to the shoulder of the road a few times :D :D

Travis

MitchStellin 12-15-2003 11:27 PM

No, that wasn't me, I am sure I would do the same but I would not want to be on the other end of someone doing it to me. I am all road rage when someone screws with me on the road. In fact I have had to pull over and let them go so they would get away from me as soon as possible.

MitchStellin 12-15-2003 11:29 PM

geeez Audio, I was married for 9 months of the year. I got my first ride on Jan 1 2003:D :D :D

Sonic30ss 12-16-2003 06:13 AM

That looks great, I'll be heading up to the Catskills for xmas/new years vacation.
Hope to get a day in Old Forge, NY, they've been getting pounded with snow up there!

Airpacker 12-16-2003 07:05 AM

Mitch you bugger,send me some of that snow will ya :) We have been getting real cold nights and the lakes and swamps are freezing up fast but not much snow yet :( Hopefully by xmas we will have enough for the groomers to get to work. Have fun.

ofshore 12-16-2003 07:13 AM

Mitch, where was that? I heard they got some snow in the mancelona area. I'm just wondering how far north i have to go over the holidays:)

Formula Outlaw 12-16-2003 07:34 AM

I know it's fun, but it's still just too blasted cold. I'd rather wax my boat in 75 degree sunny Florida weather.

Tantrum 12-16-2003 08:13 AM

Mitch that looks awesome
Still havent gotten my sleds out for a blast
New Years should have great conditions out here if this weather pattern stays for a few more weeks.

Ron P 12-16-2003 09:38 AM

How cool is that? I need to go rent a sled sometime.

MitchStellin 12-16-2003 09:41 AM

This was in Grand Marais, MI about 2 hours from the bridge, find 77 on the map and go straight up to Lake Superior. Tantrum, I still plan on making the trip so be prepared to ride like never before. The T-Cat is dialed in now and ran like a champ. I was cruising at 80 at 1/2 throttle all weekend. All the trails up there look like this, all are groomed 2-3 times a day on weekends so it is always high speed on the straights.:D Curves are another story, I take them like a granny but thats because the other idiot coming head on is racing himself and may be in my lane.:eek: I have never crashed and my plan is to keep it that way.:cool: