If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 46 of 83 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Let's Do Business

Charter Member #40 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    Renegade 32
    Cape Coral, FL
    Hurricane shutters and awnings in FL. Deals for OSO members!

My Boats:
    1999 28Skater, 2008 300XS: 28 Pantera Race 6 pax, 10 meter Fountain
    Atlanta / Ft. Myers Fl.
    Own landscaping Co. serving Atlanta since 1986. Aspiring Commercial helicopter pilot.

Registered User Platinum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Roofing contractor and structural repair contractor in Tulsa, OK

PM me for OSO discount!

I R a coin dealer-broker! Any a you guys or gals got any oldies sitting in the drawer? Ya might be suprised!

My Boats:
    38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
    Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland, Cape Coral, FL
    Profession: Daytrader

Back in 1995 I was in the first wave of people to make use of what was then a brand new technology - trading stocks at home via the Internet. I soon realized that I had a knack spotting news/events that would move stocks and the equally essential knack for jumping in and out of them accordingly. I have made my living trading the stock market ever since.

By late 1998 the Internet boom had hit full force and daytrading became a craze that swept the country. I've heard estimates that 99.8% of the people who took up daytrading failed within a year and that failure rate gave the profession a big ole black eye. Some Do-Gooders in Washington even tried to legislate daytrading out of existence.

For a while the profession was under such ridicule that when people asked I told them that I sold insurance for a living - not wanting to spend the next 15 minutes hearing about how their brother-in-law made some money but then wound up losing the family home, life savings, and little Joey's college fund and that I couldn't possibly be making it.

Depite the odds I am now in my 13'th year where every weekday I wake up, have a 10 second commute to my office (at home or here at the lake where I am now) turn on cnbc TV and work all day trading stocks and sharing ideas with some of the best daytraders in the business - most of which I have worked with for more than a decade.

If one can make it as a trader it's a great gig. I work in slippers and shorts and set my own hours and vacations, work from the lake in the summer and I pinch myself for being able to do it. But now when someone ask what I do for a living I proudly tell them that I am a Daytrader........................ upon which they usually scrunch their face and say, "hmmm......People still do that?"
    The Beak be gone

My Boats:
    07 368 SKATER and shes bad
    racing capitol of the world
    Peppers Nightclubs And Sportsbar
    Oso Er's Are Always Free

My Boats:
    2005 Formula 370SS
    Mesa, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by marineclean View Post
    I own two businesses.

Leverage Polish, Cleaner & Protectant.
    I've developed my own line of Boat Care products. I currently sell my Polish, Metal Serum, Oxidation Remover, Swirl Glaze & Tow Rig Shine. I am currently working on my Hull Cleaner, Vinyl/Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, Canvas Cleaner/Protectant, Stripe Eliminator & Wash Solution. You'll find my products on many new boats including Cigarette, Donzi & Hustler.

Marine Clean
    This is my baby that started it all. I began detailing boats over ten years ago. After many different chemicals and many different tests this led to Leverage. I take care of boats ranging from 15' to 120' and I usually average 350-400 per year. They include ski, bass, houseboats and cruisers. My favorite to work on though has to be OffshoreOnly boats. You can see some of my work on Steve's, Bud Select, Peppers, Typhoon(still needs help though) and many more.

Is your tow rig stuff a waterless cleaner as well?

My Boats:
    BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV View Post
    I am and have been a unlimited tonnage licensed captain for 11 years on both the lower Mississippi River and the Gulf Intercoastal Waterway between Brownsville, Tx and Port Everglades, Fla. I push tows as big as 25 barges in the river and up to 6 barges in the Intercoastal. I am a freelance trip pilot for numerous companies in the Gulf Coast region. I also do vessel delivery services for people with yachts and other marine rec. vehicles. My license covers unlimited tonnage on unispected vessels and up to 200 gross tons on inspected vessels. If anyone needs a yacht transport captain just let me know. My rates are very reasonable and my record is flawless. OSO brothers will get a sweet deal....

Here are a few pics of what I do....
    wow you are the man That has got to be the coolest job.

My Boats:
    12ft. Aluminum Canoe
    Closer than you might think..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic34 View Post
    Is your tow rig stuff a waterless cleaner as well?
    Hey Mike,

My Tow Rig shine is not a waterless, it's a light polymer paste. How's life treating you. Have you taken any laps in a race car yet. I'll get in touch sometime when I'm out there visiting family.

My Boats:
    1996 Formula SR-1 271 Indy 500 Edition/15' Novurania RIB 55OB...Fishin boat!
    Cleveland, OH
    After being sucked into this thread for the last 1.5 hrs...may be unemployed.

For now I am an accountant. Used to be at E&Y but moved recently to a smaller firm. Not very exciting but I do it for the groupies!!!

Looking on embarking on a new venture.....I plan to make and sell the internet. Dont know if it will take off though.

Page 46 of 83 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast