Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking For Chris Cats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66501-looking-chris-cats.html)

chromecat 12-18-2003 10:27 PM

Don't you mean Ed builds a great boat. I sure like my 2004 he built me.

Don

apache21 12-18-2003 10:33 PM

Ed builds a great boat. His brother too.

chromecat 12-19-2003 06:34 AM

yep

Flashback 12-20-2003 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Cig 3, I have an 85 Chris Cat, I bought it from up your way in Marietta Ohio about 2 years ago. I had it for sell in the oso classifieds this past summer because the wife was on my case to sell it. I think I have gotten that idea out of her head for a while :D

John Estes former Chris Cat that was featured in hot boat 2 yrs ago was on Ebay a few months back due to the death of the present owner. It was original with the radar arch and factory paint scheme like mine except his had red accents instead of blue like mine. Only had about 180 original hrs. I dont think it met reserve on Ebay. I think I still have the sellers email address if you are interested. Just email me.

I remember when I saw John's Chris in Hot Boat for the first time. It was a sweet peice of original offshore history that set the pace for the Cats of today and That was when I knew I had to have one of the classic Chris Cats.

The relative that was selling the boat said that the deceased owner had always wanted a Chris Cat. He was diagnosed with terminal cancer and he knew he did not have long to live. John's boat happen to come up for sale about the same time, so the guy bought it and enjoyed it long enough to fullfill his dream before he passed on.

What is your draw to the Chris Cat? Do you want to keep it original or just want to find a cheaper cat to fix up?

Below is a pic of my Chris Cat appropriately named "Flashback"

tripps 12-21-2003 07:15 AM

Call 631 957 2421 he has the one that was on e-bay,it needs alot of work on the one side,its on L.I. tripps

ThirdBird 12-21-2003 08:15 AM

Talked to a guy at the 1000 Islands poker run last summer. He had a real nice all-black Chris Cat there. According to him, it was hull #1, the first one ever built. Says he owned it since new. Something about it being built originally for pleasure, he re-rigged it for full-race, won many races (awards for fastest and whatnot all over it) then re-rigged again back to pleasure/poker run.

Can't remember the guy's name or name of the boat. He claims it was a full Kevlar lay-up. Sweet boat, wish I'd taken a picture. That thing really did catch your eye!!

fastwhitecat 12-22-2003 11:47 PM

I have a 86 Chris Cat with Quad outboards, Mercury 2.5L Offshore motors. It loves rough water, very solid/safe feeling riding in it. Tops out around 105-110mph. Not to bad for only 1040 hp.

Scott B 12-23-2003 05:04 AM

The C-Cats are one of my favorite boats also. Any full size pics you guys have would be appreciated for my idea collection.. send em to [email protected] if you would, bandwidth not an issue :) :)

TIA

Scott B