Notices

OT: truck sledding?

Old 12-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rainmn, can you say Base Weld!!!! I bet your petex looked like swiss cheese. We used to do this behing horses, by the time I was old enough to drive a was a little smarter and just surfed the hood!!
Old 12-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No biggie, I never get rid of old snowboards.
I have close to a dozen in my attic, mainly for these purposes. They also work good for very early and very late season riding. Rocks? What rocks?
Old 12-17-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

Yep, We used to do it with a tube tied to the bumper of a 4x4. In the snow covered parking lots I remember hitting 60 mph. Then we did it up the mountain roads until a buddy of mine's girlfriend slung him off the mountain side into the trees. Broke his leg in (2) places. We tied his leg up in splints and off the the ER we went !!! Dave
Old 12-17-2003, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ah yes...Of course, what fun!
I remember days like that.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That video just brought a tear to my eye. I saw myself and everyone of my friends in there. No kidding. That looks like something I would do. Well, might have done. Well, still do it.

When we get snow here I usually make a phone call to a friend to find out that PD is not out unless it's an emergency. So, let's take advantage of it!! City streets are made to be used.

Take the car/truck hoods and throw em away boys. You don't need them anymore. Trust me on this one. I just so happen to have access to as many plastic truck bedliners as I care to get. These things blow a car hood out of the water. Plastic works great on snow! LOL My wife is still wondering when her 34 yr old husband will grow out of his adolesance. (sp) LOL

Play king of the bedliner next time ya get a chance.

Buck
Old 12-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me, My brother and the local kids used to use snow skis and tow each other behind our snomobiles. Thank god this was 1977-78 when a fast sled was 60mph !!!
Old 12-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally posted by rainmn

Funny thing about this is that I wasn't really a kid when we did this last...more like 25 or so.
Last year we went tubing behind my truck... and I'm 40
Old 12-18-2003, 05:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We used to do the same thing but with four people on a tobagon and a snowmobile back in '69.

One winter my buddy was towing my car home with a chain (I was steering mine). As we turned a corner he thought he'd be funny and whip me around the turn. As mine slid sideways, his followed. We both went spinning off onto a golf course.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:06 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup we used to do that as well. Wish I could still get my buddies to do it with me We were at Steamboat Springs once and the the president of the mountains son and I were doing that on ski's behind his truck through town one night
Old 12-18-2003, 08:42 PM
Registered

We used to just grab onto the back bumper of a truck goin down the street when it was snow covered and used our shoes like skis! Talk about stupid.

Quick Reply: OT: truck sledding?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.