Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The ride of a 50ft Hustler? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66568-ride-50ft-hustler.html)

glassdave 12-18-2003 10:29 AM

i have heard the lambo engines are still popular on the UIM circuit in europe. i wonder if they have the same status over there that the big block chev has over here?

thats right super t i forgot that had triples. i do remember that boating mag said they were way cool but for what the up-charge was for that option they would go with big blocks and buy a brand new Diablo to drive to the marina with the money saved :D :D :D i am gonna hafta find that article an post some pics. i remember that thing having 3 VERY expensive looking sets of headers. :cool: :cool: :cool: that boat is one of my all time favorites, it would be tough to "one-up" that guy at a poker run :D

puder 12-18-2003 11:46 AM

the cabin in thise looks pretty damn nice!

nice for anyboat. and SUPER nice for a "go fast boat"

super termoli 12-18-2003 11:53 AM

Lambos are still popular on the UIM racing circuit with Victory Team boats, Spirit of Norway etc. using them but in terms of pleasure boating, this is a very marginal product. And that's to the point where I'm asking myself whether there have been any pleasure boats at all fitted with those engines in last few years. BPM also manufacture all aluminium gasoline V8s and they've had some success in the 80s and early 90s with yards like Abbatte and such but that's all in the past. There are way more Mercury 502s in Europe than Lambos or BPMs. But anything gas-powered remains marginal in Europe. It's all diesel these days: Volvo, Yanmar, Cat, MAN, MTU. So unfortunately, no cult status for Lambos.

mcraymond3 12-21-2003 07:52 PM

Thanks for all the great info and pics. I am selling the OL because I want a bigger boat with a/c and gen. so that we can do some overnight boating trips. You guys have been a great help.
Mat

cuda 12-21-2003 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There were three of them at our Opba Fourth of July Poker Run.

To put it in perspective, this is a 25 Outlaw tied next to it.

cuda 12-21-2003 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another at the same poker run.

SS930 12-21-2003 08:57 PM

Who's better than that guy! ??? :D

tavishwm 12-21-2003 09:05 PM

apache pete

I was in that boat at the michigan poker run and you ran side by side with us for about 15 miles! One of my alltime favorite runs at a poker run. Top speed on that boat was 105-106 and with the lambos it would run 100 all day long. That boat was actually the original plug for the 50' mold

388 Slingshot 12-23-2003 01:25 PM

LAKE CUMBERLAND ACTUALLY HAS THAT 50 W/ THE STERLINGS IN IT. TRIPLE 1350'S. IT WAS ALL WHITE BUT WAS RECENTLY PAINTED. IT HAS WHITE INTERIOR W/ GREEN ACCENTS. IT IS DECKED OUT. IT HAS A POWER ELLIPTICAL SLIDING "STAR-TREK" STYLE V-BERTH DOOR AND JUST ABOUT EVERY OPTION AVAILABLE. IT WAS BOUGHT NEW BY A GUY UP IN ROCHESTER, NY. I HEARD IT RAN ABOUT 122. CUMBERLAND'S ASKING $695K FOR IT.

OldSchool 12-23-2003 01:41 PM

Is that a custom sunpad in post #27?

:D :D :D