Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The ride of a 50ft Hustler? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66568-ride-50ft-hustler.html)

mcraymond3 12-17-2003 07:21 PM

The ride of a 50ft Hustler?

Does anybody have any experience with a 50ft Hustler? Someone told me that this boat is a stretched 40ft and you are always having to play with the tabs to keep her straight. What do you think?
Thanks,
Mat

AndyOL 12-17-2003 07:47 PM

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but are you by some chance selling a 37OL?

SS930 12-17-2003 07:59 PM

Re: The ride of a 50ft Hustler?

Originally posted by mcraymond3
Does anybody have any experience with a 50ft Hustler? Someone told me that this boat is a stretched 40ft and you are always having to play with the tabs to keep her straight. What do you think?
Thanks,
Mat

I have no idea about the boat in question, but unless the hull is crooked I can't imagine any 50' boat with a relatively narrow beam having any issues with tracking straight.

mcraymond3 12-17-2003 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, I am selling my 2001 37ft OL. It is in the classified section and Randy Sweers has some pics at www.fastboats.com

AndyOL 12-17-2003 08:56 PM

That boat belonged to my good friends father in law, we used to have a blast in that thing on Cape Cod.The factory cleaned it up nice and added the checkered flag graphics. If you don't mind me asking, Why are you selling?

Jassman 12-17-2003 09:14 PM

Matt, call Bill, at National Marine, Ive seen him on a poker run is a 50hustler. Also in classified section, there is one for sale, call the dealer up, maybe he can give you some straight anwsers, that boat looks clean from the pics. They are a very nice boat, never rode in one though, almost bought one from Bill, looks like the same one advertised on his National website, but ended up ordering a 4300 Nortech, good luck . Jeff

Strip Poker 388 12-17-2003 09:15 PM

Why are you selling the 37 ?

A friend of mine had a 50 here putting pro chargers on it.for a costumer it ran about 80 with 3 500 efis. then with the pro I think they got 93-94 mph. Its a BIG boat .The boat was loaded ,gen ac, it all ,walk around bathroom. the front was real nice . My buddy had a f350 towing it around and said you definitely could tell it was back there:eek:He said You would want a bigger truck if he owned it.They figured 18000lbs.The center drive needed a different pitch prop for some reason?
They never said anything about haven any prob on handling ,I think its a total diff hull than the 40.

JPD Motorsports 12-17-2003 10:33 PM

Mcraymond, I have a 40 hustler and dont have to mess with the tabs unless there is a heavy cross wind or everyone stands to oneside. as far as running a diferent center prop on mine I do not but for the 50 I dont know. I can call a friend up that has a 50 and ask. is this the one in the classifieds?

boot 12-17-2003 11:43 PM

I don't know the answer to your question but I know there is ,or was, a guy here in NJ with a 50 that had triple 1200's or 1300's !! I think it ran 115 . Maybe a local NJ boat clubber that knows him can answer . I don't know how they handle bu tthey sure are cool looking !!:D

Ron P 12-18-2003 12:02 AM

That was Joey Calabro's boat. Kurts Marine put it together. That was a true wave crusher and the tabs were so small that they looked out of place so I can't image they were needed.