Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3 x 300 yamaha outboards (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66585-3-x-300-yamaha-outboards.html)

LEOPAJM 12-19-2003 01:12 PM

Originally posted by Rocco
Wicked & Leo,

Sharp boats !! Are they what you expected in terms of Quality.

Rocco ... We went over the boat with a "fine tooth comb" on tuesday and were VERY impressed with most everything !!!

As a matter a fact ,.... the only real complaints we really talked about were things that maybe we wish we would have deleted (rod holders ect...) and a small leak in the deck hatch:rolleyes: . The rigging and wiring was very well done ... and we offered up quite a few challenges to the Concept folks because we changed so many things from their "normal" production process ... They stepped up to the plate and hit a home run as far as I'm concerned . I would definately build another boat with them !!!!

Jerry McConnell

THEJOKER 12-19-2003 01:22 PM

So Mike that means your not going to run your boat hard? HAHA - Ok I see now. Are T-Tops a problem at high speeds and constant pounding? I'm new to the Radar Arch / T-Top world but learning. BH

Sean 12-19-2003 01:24 PM

wicked nice...real nice!

love the wicked theme.

Rocco 12-19-2003 01:34 PM

It's nice to see a companey deliver on what they advertise !!! at a fair $ and on time!!!It's unbelievable that you can order a " CUSTOM " boat from these guys and they are finished with in a few months. These guys are the best kept secret in the performance boat market.

throttleup 12-19-2003 01:55 PM

t.rae

Since we are on Gulf Coast we work with a lot of fishing boats with Yamaha motors. A couple things we have found regarding speed with the Yamaha V-6's is that they don't achieve top speed at higher rpm's. Generally with the 250 Yamaha's we find the top speed in the high 4000 rpm range. This may be different with the 300's, which are new but all of the other Yamaha's are this way.

You may want to try a higher pitch prop, like a 25 Mirage Plus, 27 Mirage Plus, or a 24 or 26 Bravo 1 prop (4 blade). Many of the larger triple engine boats like the stern lift from a 4 blade prop. Another great prop for your application may be the Quad IV OT from Hydromotive.

People tend to try and get the Yamaha's to spin too fast and they just don't make the horsepower at the higher rpm's (5500-6000 like Mercury outboards do.

Matt

t.rae 12-19-2003 02:20 PM

matt,
would the 25's or 27's kill the boat being able to plane. I know there is a trade off, but I would still like to be able to plane in a relative short time. Aloso would like to be able to plane on two motors, If one goes down.
Thanks for the replys.
trae

thedonz 12-19-2003 03:35 PM

Re: Hawk's

Originally posted by WickedWon
We get down late on Friday 12/26, I'll probably run the boat down from Tavernier on Sunday morning. Whats your schedule ?

This pic might be a little better.

wickedwon,

I have a place in Tavernier on the atlantic side on a canal, where are you located down there? Looks like Tavernier Creek Marina; we need to hook up!

WickedWon 12-19-2003 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by Sean
wicked nice...real nice!

love the wicked theme.

Thanks Sean !

Matt, I think you're right on, we're gonna start loading them up with more wheel, I don't really expect to pick up much speed but why spin them any harder than necessary. We went with Yamaha's cause I've never been able to wear one out, I hope to keep it that way !

Mike, mine is Kevlar layup, no deck penetrations at all, it's amazing how much rigidity you pick up in any boat when the cabin entrance doesn't break the top of the bulkhead, of course access sucks but we only use it for storage anyway. The steering was custom built by Quality, the freak'n hardware is HUGE, it makes MM look light ( this might have been overkill but the thing tracks like it's on rails and the Yam's are H E A V Y ) Every possible door was removed and replaced with canvas ( been building my boats this way for years, only way to go ) and finally anything that was previously attached with velcro ( seat cushions ect.) is hinged so it can't leave the boat when ya hit the big one.

I've only got 9 hrs on it but the majority of the time has been in 3 - 4's ( unfortunately), the ride is remarkable. The boat turned out to be a solid wave crusher, very much like my Saber, and that was the grand plan :D

Dash Pic,
Outsde of the monster GPS ( I'm blind) the dash is very simple, I've never paid any attention to the gauges on my previous Yamaha's anyway, so why have'em :eek:

THEJOKER 12-19-2003 04:57 PM

Wicked Won your a animal in that thing. Very good ideas there to eliminate the abuse. BH

Madcow 12-19-2003 09:07 PM

Re: Hawk's

Originally posted by WickedWon
We get down late on Friday 12/26, I'll probably run the boat down from Tavernier on Sunday morning. Whats your schedule ?
We are leaving Toledo Friday morning. Going to cruise around Miami for a couple of days and head down to Hawks on Tuesday 12/30. I'll call you when we get in.