The New POWERBOAT Mag, the REAL TRUTH!!

Notices

The New POWERBOAT Mag, the REAL TRUTH!!

Old 12-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by Mike A.
DJD,

With all due respect, you know zip about the situation. You look at a couple of pictures and like so many other folks around here you accuse and pile on from the sidelines. Well, that is total chicken****, ok?

And Todd, as I told you and SHOWED you, Donzi was clearly on the inside of you rounding the pin, following in Spiderman's wake when you and Brett came over 3-4 boat lanes and cut them off.

We have a sequential videotape that is irrefutable.

We spent hours talking to witnesses, reviewing the tape and analyzing our rules before we came to this decision.

Nevertheless, before we received the videotape, we had written the dq letter to Donzi and were ready to issue it that day. That is until Bob Teague called the office and said to hold off because Powerboat Magazine had 100% proof that it was YOUR fault and NOT Donzi's. They sent us the video and walked us through the entire thing.

Bob was a very strong advocate of Donzi's innocence and basically argued their case as well as supplied us with the videotape. And at the end of the day we agreed with Bob's assessment of the situation.

Bob, I know it is against your personal beliefs to post on these message boards even though you read them everyday but don't you think you owe it to APBA and Donzi to tell everyone the truth about the situation so this can be put behind us?

One last question...at what point do you sideline screamers square your harping with the facts? On the one hand you accused us of being corrupt by trashing our sponsors like Fountain and Mercury and then on the other hand you accuse us of being corrupt when we make a decision that then favors a sponsor like Donzi.

No, the reasons why the LLC had problems were long and varied and there certainly is enough blame to go around. But making decisions based on hard evidence, respected opinions, talking to everyone involved and then tough, thoughtful internal debate is not one of them.

Loudmouth, biased, reckless, Monday morning quarterbacking, from people who know nothing, were not there and do not have the facts, now that is a different story.

Mike A.

thats real professional
Old 12-19-2003, 07:43 AM
DJD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike A.
[B]DJD,

With all due respect, you know zip about the situation. You look at a couple of pictures and like so many other folks around here you accuse and pile on from the sidelines. Well, that is total chicken****, ok?

Well no Mike, it's not ok. I saw the same footage from the helicopter which you based your decision on.
You say that Todd & Brett came over 3 or 4 boat lanes & cut them off?? How come I didn't see that part? I watched it over and over but just can't find that part
Old 12-19-2003, 07:46 AM
DJD
Registered

Shouldn't this thread be on the (super double stealth secret forum for racers to talk behind closed doors so nobody knows) secret forum???
Good God, this just may ruin the whole sport!
Old 12-19-2003, 08:03 AM
DJD
Registered

DJD,

Loudmouth, biased, reckless, Monday morning quarterbacking, from people who know nothing, were not there and do not have the facts, now that is a different story.

Mike A.
LOL ok mike, that's nice & makes alot of sence. I guess I know nothing. (FYI I am on the board of directors of a large company & I know it doesn't take long to resign like you said it does).
Old 12-19-2003, 08:07 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

DJD,

Mike A.
How does he know my mother-in-law ??
Old 12-19-2003, 08:25 AM
DJD
Registered

Originally posted by Wes Smith
How does he know my mother-in-law ??

LMAO!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Registered

Old 12-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

The LLC works so hard to bring parity to the classes and then when some side by side racing around 90 degree turns (lets not forget about boat wakes and lack of white lines on the water to show lanes) gets someone in trouble (looked like Donzi hooked on their nose possibly because they had the trim set in the wrong position), does it become another racers fault?

My question is, why didn't the pace boat throw a line to the broken boat and just tow him onto the infield? Aren't all race boats supposed to carry 100 feet of line just for this reason?

Hitting the pace boat was just part of the accident. But leaving without checking if everyone was OK??? Now that was very strange to say the least.

These guys aren't racing on pavement and as the boats become more equal in speed, rubbing during racing will happen more often.

I don't follow Nascar too much, so I'll ask. When someone hits another car on the rear and spins them out, what penalty do they receive for putting another car into the wall?
Old 12-19-2003, 10:26 AM
suncoast1

Ron,
The crash happened while tieing up. The official was on the swim deck tieing up the race boat, 1000 feet of line wouldn't help the situation. Our boat had pin cleats, so the time to hook up the broken race took longer than normal.
Where was sea tow, is my question to you. Shouldn't an event like this have sea tow in the in field waiting?

Old 12-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Registered

Troutly, there was also a helicopter hovering over the scene wich, as racers, we all know what that means and I personally have never come upon a crash scene I couldn't recognize from a safe distance. You idea for a radio warning is an excellent idea and if you monitor the race controll channel like we do during the race it also helps.

Quick Reply: The New POWERBOAT Mag, the REAL TRUTH!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.