Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thanks from Magicfloat and crew (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66702-thanks-magicfloat-crew.html)

Magicfloat 12-19-2003 06:36 AM

Thanks from Magicfloat and crew

It has been 2 weeks since our accident and I wanted to give a quick update and a lot of thanks. I am rolling around in a wheelchair waiting for my screwed together hip to heal enough for a hip replacement.Ricky finally got released and is home in Orange Beach. Dano and Jeff are still beat up but are getting around reasonably well.We all feel very lucky to be here.I cannot begin to thank everyone on OSO for their thoughts,comments,prayers and good wishes. We got cards and flowers from people I had met thru OSO and from those I only know by screen name.Thanks everyone from Karen and I. It meant so much to us.This is a great group of friends here on OSO and I am glad to be a small part of it. I have a new perspective on things now as I realize how fine the line can be between life and death. Many of the things I thought were important seem less now as I am just glad to be able to look out over the lake and know I will someday be able to go boating again. In the meantime I will count my blessings and think of the friends I have here. Thanks again everyone. Robert Nelems

Payton 12-19-2003 06:43 AM

Robert, I'm glad to hear that you and the others are recovering.
Prayers do make a difference.
I felt the same way as you after the passing of my brother a year ago in October. An example is some of the threads here on OSO that I used to get involved in and get mad at. Now, they just don't seem worth the time. Some, I may read with a little amusement, others I don't even bother to read.

Have a Merry Christmas
Mark Kingma

OldSchool 12-19-2003 06:51 AM

Robert,
Good to hear that your getting around. It will be an uphill battle, but well worth it.:) Have a wonderful holiday season with your family.

God Bless,
Craig and Nancy Hall:)

C_Spray 12-19-2003 07:41 AM

Welcome back, Robert. It's great to see that OSO is still at the top of your list of priorities.... ;)

GregP 12-19-2003 08:47 AM

Glad things are coming around. Have a very happy holiday with your family.

-Greg

hp500efi 12-19-2003 08:52 AM

Robert, stay strong!. Glad to hear things are on the upswing.

Happy Holidays to you and your family as well as the others involved.

Jeff, Carol and the boys :)

Ms PatriYacht 12-19-2003 09:25 AM

we are happy to hear you are on the mend
Happy Holidays to you, your family and your crew
Donna

Ron P 12-19-2003 09:31 AM

Damn its great to hear from you again!

Heal well!

BobbyB 12-19-2003 09:44 AM

Good luck with the healing process and if there is anything i can do let me know.

Dean Ferry 12-23-2003 03:17 PM

Robert,
Good to hear you and your crew are on the mend. It's funny how after a near tragic event, that one's priorities in life get rearranged.
Happy Holidays,
Dean