Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rehab Or Replace (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66781-rehab-replace.html)

clearcut3 12-23-2003 02:09 PM

I can't even remember who the hideaway was by now but they are all fairly similar, at least the one's I'm familiar with.

If you look at the piture you will see a little lever directly in front of the ball. That lever can be lifted and then the rod moved right or left to attach a safety chain and then the lever is dropped back down to lock it.

dyno 12-23-2003 04:28 PM

If they are charging you 2/3 the price of a new one they are ripping you off!!unless the trailer is trashed !!!but I'm assuming that its not too bad if your still pulling it.

JPD Motorsports 12-23-2003 06:05 PM

That one is a finger crusher! :) there is a newwer one out that the ball is the only thing there no plate system on top its all under the bed. Will get somepics of it to post for ya. I know that redneck supply has them.

Hot Duck 12-24-2003 12:16 PM

There are similar models on the Draw-Tite and Reese web sites. I think that a gooseneck fits the bill over a 5th wheel for the reasons that you guys mentioned. It will make things a little more difficult if we break down or need the boat transported, but we can deal with that when the time comes.

Maybe we can invent an adapter that will allow the gooseneck to be pulled by a 5th wheel hitch. Now there is an idea! Call the patent office. :D

Draw-Tite

Reese

JPD Motorsports 12-24-2003 01:07 PM

Just look for the duallys hot duck if you should happen to break down(forbid that it happens) usually the horse guys have them. Still trying to find a pic of the one telling about, will have to get precision trailer to send me a pic and post it for you.

JPD Motorsports 12-24-2003 01:15 PM

Just look for the duallys hot duck if you should happen to break down(forbid that it happens) usually the horse guys have them. Still trying to find a pic of the one telling about, will have to get precision trailer to send me a pic and post it for you. on the draw tite sight, the one called under-bed goose neck trailer tow system is it. And in the installation instructions it shows how it lays under the bed and what is exposed above it.

Hot Duck 12-29-2003 12:52 PM

Thanks guys. I called Myco today, but they will be out of the office until the 5th. I'll keep you posted.

ScottB 12-29-2003 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2000 Myco Make offer, like new only used a couple times and stored indoors. All aluminim had a 45 Excalibur on it

ScottB 12-29-2003 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
10k OBO 24k lb capacity

Mark in So. MD 12-30-2003 05:31 AM

Originally posted by ScottB
2000 Myco Make offer, like new only used a couple times and stored indoors. All aluminim had a 45 Excalibur on it
There you go Will, it's aluminum too because we all know how that salty OC water(and air) can be on steel!!