Did you Get a Christmas Bonus >

Did you Get a Christmas Bonus

Notices

Did you Get a Christmas Bonus

Old 12-23-2003, 02:11 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

you wanna talk brutal......they had a one guys birthday (which was yesterday) one guys retirement (after working here 43yrs) and the christmas party/aka bonus rolled into one........and what was it? ..........One cake and two packs of soda (coke and orange Fanta) out in the factory during our 10min break this morning!!!

BUT THEY CAN AFFORD SENDING THE COMPANY SOFTBALL TEAM (which no company employees are part of!! and one of the bosses kids runs ) TO HAWAII FOR SOME BIG BALL GAME!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-23-2003, 02:39 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow Wally is Karl away or not reading the board today!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 02:41 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

Karl has nothing to do with it.......if it were his way things around here would run ALOT more smoothly. Its the Dad and uncle that run the show right now and they are set in the ways of the old!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We certainly give them - I feel it is important to reward people for their time they put into a project, so everyone gets a different amount, ranging from a few hundred to $5,000. Also depends on how the company is doing financially, but my brother once borrowed money to make sure his guys had something.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Registered

I usually get large quarterly bonuses and a small xmas bonus of about $200. This past year I got zero quarterly bonuses and a bonus that equals a weeks pay at xmas. I am very pleased as it has paid for all of my xmas shopping. But I do agree with all, it has not been the best of years.

Mike
Old 12-23-2003, 05:54 PM
Registered

14 yrs and no X-mas bonus ...only one bonus all year at 1 weeks pay....tell ya what , ahh nevermind.

although my wife gave everyone that works for her at the video store a bonus , small but something none the less....and I get them out of jail whenever the need arises.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:01 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I got a rock............
Old 12-23-2003, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we give them along with quarterly bonuses.
Old 12-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I GAVE ALL MY GUYS BONUSES...SOME *****, SOME WERE THANKFUL, AND SOME WERE PISSED. EVEN THOUGH OUR SALES HAVE INCREASED 30 TO 50 % EACH YEAR SINCE 1999, WE ARE EXPANDING HEAVILY, BUT I STILL FEEL THE NEED TO GIVE IT TO THEM BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT IF YOU DONT HAVE EMPLOYEES YOU DONT HAVE A BUSINESS.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Registered

I work for a Tier 1 (japanese owned) automotive component manufacturer... we provide for nearly every major auto manufacturer with honda and toyota being our largest customers... we have roughly 250 employees at our facility and each year the President, HR Sr. Manager and General Manager personally walk around, shakes everyones hand and hand out 300 dollar "christmas gift" checks to each and every individual. Actually the President tours the plant each afternoon and says hello and shakes nearly every hourly employees hand. Even in years of zero or negative profit this Christmas gift gesture is the norm.

We also have 2 catered christmas parties. one for adults and one for employees children and grandchildren. Generally the adult christmas party is at a decent facility also. The company also caters internally, during work, on the friday before thanksgiving, a nice dinner.

The plant also shuts down from nov 24 til the day after new years day. all hourly employees are paid a normal wage of 8 hr/day for each day off... we salary folks get paid regardless but most of us end up doing things to machinery, etc while the plant is shut down...

we do not have any formal profit sharing unless you are of management level and above... instead, if we make too much profit we buy all new office furniture and computers to avoid the taxation... One of our parent company's manufacturing facilities across the road from us does perform profit sharing comparable to the big 3... and they are the largest employer in the area with well over 1500 employees.

most at my company may grumble about the underaverage wage, small yearly raises and some abuse of salaried employees for excessive work hours or load for the positions we have but all in all it is a good company to work for... we have an OK 401K and benefits package and other benefits... our business keeps exploding (25 mil increase in sales forcasted in the next 2 years), i'm so busy i need to clone myself to launch all of these new programs.. my company has NEVER laid off an employee in it's 15 year existance.

in times like the last two years i'm thankful for all of this... especially after seeing what has happened to MANY of my engineering friends in other industries, etc.

Now for my own fledgling business... my 2nd life if you will... well i guess my little donzi and it's yearly improvements are my bonus

Quick Reply: Did you Get a Christmas Bonus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.