Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   need to ask everyone a ???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/66997-need-ask-everyone.html)

robyw1 12-23-2003 12:18 PM

I like the site but where it says "offering the ultimate in luxury & speed on the water" I would use an easier to read font. Just my 2 cents worth. otherwise it looks really good.

Roby

JPD Motorsports 12-23-2003 12:37 PM

The sites easy to navigate, just keep it up dated. And pricing, granted you can check boattrader fo rthe price so why not have it on the site as well!!!!

Too Old I agree I hate having to call and get the bs story about who they are and how the do things there better than the next person and so on. I like to see a listed price, figure my offer before I get on the phone. Then after I offer I can get off the phone unless I have other questions. Instead of having to call get a price, figure a number then call back make an offer.

CustomRigger101 12-23-2003 01:36 PM

Too Old

i agree.. from both sides of the story.. as a customer of other things.. i personally don't call places that don't quote pricing.. and from the sales point of view.. it's a pain to get emails from people very day or phone calls on boats just to find out that they where thinking a different number on any boat...

one the new boats you are right.. Donzi doesn't like dealers to price boat on the internet.. and yes if we priced the pre-enjoyed boats then people would call and yelling at us about why we price new and not used.. but those people are few and far in-between...

but i'll look into pricing the boats.. maybe just on this site or on the main site...but i really not have hte say so on that

thanks
thomas

Payton 12-23-2003 01:41 PM

I have to ask.
What's the deal with the 41 "Legend" that is listed in the used boats? It's an Apache, right? Was it cought up in the naming issues then? Or is it a copy?

Cool looking boat.

CustomRigger101 12-23-2003 01:51 PM

it's a one off boat.. new cost something like 1.3 million to build.. ss line, 1000sc, #6, daul ram tabs, aircraft lines)everywhere, etc etc etc..165k boat motor and trailer

Jamie B. 12-23-2003 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
I totally disagree. I don't have the time or inclination to play salesman games.

I have zero interest in having a sales person spend anytime making a pitch to me about other boats that I can afford or anything else. If the boat's in the ballpark price wise, I'm going to call and start to negotiate. If theres no price, most likely I'll go where there is.

I understand that some manufacturers restrict dealers from advertising discounted prices on new boats. But on used, be competitive or miss some business.

There's plenty of places to buy boats.

TO,

We arent really discussing salesmens games here, its more marketing decisions than anything else. You automatically assume that this retailer is going to play games with you ? I disagree, not when you are a consumer in the bracket in question. Perhaps if you are shopping for a Chevrolet or some other mass produced product, maybe. I very seriously doubt that Ray allows any game playing on the phone with a prospective client of this caliber, whether for an exotic or a boat. I would also bet that any question that you ask on the phone is answered, properly and correctly.

dockrocker 12-23-2003 02:26 PM

No price = no phone call. I agree 100% with Too Old and others on this issue, I don't have time or inclination to dick around trying to get a price on something. And don't think this is just with ATS, we bust Tres Martin's balls on this issue pretty regularly in the "For Sale" forum.

And I don't buy the argument that there is some unique market blah blah blah. Maybe for a purple Diable VT, OK, I could see that. But looking at the used boat listing, there's a bunch of Bajas, a Cary, a couple of Guns, some Donzis - not exactly one-off boats. I can maybe see the 'call for price' on a 46' Skater turbine cat, but for a 29' Crownline? Or a 34' Powerquest? Come on....

Lots of places to buy boats that I don't have to waste three phone calls to find out the price is unrealistic (just using an example, not saying ATS is priced outside the market).

CustomRigger101 12-23-2003 03:29 PM

ok now that we got the price out of the way