If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    1993 Cigarette Top Gun
    Kankakee Illinois
    Tell `da cheap bastid to go screw himself.

My Boats:
    top rate is $1.50 per mile. uasally that is very high end. the normal rate is $1.25 for a reputable hauler that has all the proper insurances. there are guy's who do it cheaper but they don't have the proper stuff. so they have lower overhead. plus the diesel is so expensive now i have been charging normal rate plus an extra 50 - 100 bucks to cover extra gas.

in most cases even the most cut throat guy won't go under a dollar a mile. you bid even less which is fine because i assume you are doing a friend a favor. if he doesen't see it that way then he's not your friend. i don't think many people realize the reasponsibality and liability we take on ourselfs when towing there toy's.

You are very cheap. If you lose a tire or anything happens to your vehicle you will have done this for nothing. Plus you do not have the proper insurance. If you are stopped by the DOT you had better tell them you are doing this as a favor and not getting paid.

Charter Member Charter Member bowtie's Avatar
    New Jersey
    A while back I started a thread to have a 27 Chaparral hauled from Jersey to Tampa. I received quotes from professional haulers at close to 2.00 a mile. I got it there for 1200.00. I just couldn't get away at the time.

tell him to start shopping. You gave him a helluva deal!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123