If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Charter Member #927 Charter Member Payton's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 34' Super Hawaii
    Shane, Glad you and all the other respnding firemen are ok.. I Hope the rest of your Christmas can be enjoyed.

VIP Member Platinum Member wwwTOPDJcom's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'
    Vestal/Binghamton NY
    Dec. 25 - Many people are dead this Christmas morning after suffering fatal gun shot wounds.

Around 5:15 Thursday morning, Niskayuna fire officials responded to a report of a fire at 3625 Albany Street. When fire crews arrived at the scene, they found one woman dead inside the home.Her death is still under investigation, but police tell us she did not die from the fire and that the fire was started deliberately.

At 5:35 Thursday morning, Schenectady fire companies were alerted to a smoke condition at 1901 State Street.Upon arriving at the residence, fire officials were able to locate fire and the bodies of 4 adults. All 4 of the adults had all been shot.Police and Fire officials have determined that this blaze was also deliberately started.

Police are currently investigating a possible link between these two incidents.

My Boats:
    2009 FORMULA 292
    Lake George, NY it's not called "Queen of American Lakes" for nothin'!
    (updated: December 25th, 8:35pm) Christmas morning has turned fatal and very tragic for many people in the towns of Niskayuna and Schenectady, where a combined five bodies have been found at two separate arson sites.

NEWS10 First Response team was the first on scene at what appeared to be a structure fire in Niskayuna at 3625 Albany Street. Once fire fighters entered the building they found a woman dead, however it was not the fire that caused her death. At this point it is unclear what she died from. It was also determined that the fire was deliberately set.

Minutes later another call went out of another fire, this time at 1901 State street. Once again, upon entry into the apartment firefighters located the bodies of four adults, all deceased. All four had been shot to death. This fire was also deliberately started.

A shot gun was found near a man's body. The police have now confirmed that this man was the shooter, that he killed the four other people, set the State Street house on fire and then killed himself. This was a domestic violent attack.

Stay tuned to NEWS10 and for live updates on this breaking story.

My Boats:
    2009 FORMULA 292
    Lake George, NY it's not called "Queen of American Lakes" for nothin'!
    Two connected stories we're following on this busy Christmas Day have Niskayuna and Schenectady police piecing together the details of two gruesome discoveries.

Authorities are handling today's incident as a quintuple murder suicide. One of the murders happened in Niskayuna, three of the murders and a suicide happened in Schenectady.

This all began to unfold at about 5:15 this morning on Albany Street in Niskayuna. Firefighters responded to a fire there. When they got inside they found a woman who was dead, not from the fire, but from a shotgun blast.

About 15 minutes later, firefighters responded to a blaze at an apartment on State Street in Schenectady. They found four bodies inside, those of two women and two men. They were also killed from shotgun wounds, not as a result of the fire.

The women were shot in the stomach, the men had been killed by shots to the head. Police believe one of those men was also the person who who took his own life.

Authorities believe all this may have arose out of some sort of domestic dispute.

Two incidents connected

Two connected stories we're following on this busy Christmas morning have Niskayuna and Schenectady police piecing together two gruesome discoveries.

Schenectady Police Chief Michael Geraci said, "It's our belief at this point that the victims were either related or acquainted with each other. We do not believe at this point that there is an unknown suspect on the loose."

Police did say that there is a blood relation between the woman found in Niskayuna, and one, or possibly more of the victims in Schenectady. Authorities have not released the identities of any of the victims.

As for the fires, investigators are leaning toward arson at this point, but they will not say for certain as the criminal probe into the murders is taking precedent.

Autopsies are scheduled for tomorrow.
    Last edited by Shane; 12-26-2003 at 06:35 AM.

Charter Member #1055/Moderator Charter Member GO4BROKE's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sonic 386
    I  Voted
    That's terrible! Sorry you had to deal with that on Christmas Shane, but I'm glad you and your fellow fire fighters do! Thanks!

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC
    It's situations like this that remind us who the real stand up guys are on OSO....... Shane, best wishes to you and your entire family for a safe and restful Holiday Season.

New Hampshire
    Shane, Sorry to hear how your morning went. Hope the rest of your Christmas went good. Did your parents come up this year??

VIP Member VIP Member AugiePensa's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1996 Wellcraft Scarab
    SHANE.....Be Careful!

My Boats:
    Thoroughbred/Velocity 32'
    Freehold, NJ. USA
    Shane..glad to know you and your guys are safe after a day like that....I've been fortunate to have not been involved with a fatality at a call....especially something as you've described....can't imagine how difficult that must've been....

Take Care....and, Have a Safe and Happy New Year!!

Man, that is just aweful...

Atleast the bastard cleaned himself from the face of the earth. What a horrific thing to do.

Shane and others, thank you for your service to the public. Next time you see a cop or firefighter, let it pass thru your mind that they would DIE for you as part of their job description. Quite unbeleivable for sure. I have many freinds in both professions and the armed forces. God Speed to all of them.

Nice work Shane, I hope the rest of your holiday season is a joy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast