If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Charter Mod Charter Member BLee's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
    E Dock
    I  Voted

Thumbs up

I never knew you were a fellow Porsche nut!

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York
    damn!!! that is crazy!!!

the PCA????

i run withet PDA here in the northeast. Does yoru club have awebsite? I'd love to run with you guys. PDA does watkins, lrp, and pocano.
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

My Boats:
    1990 Donzi Sweet 16
    At the office.
    PCA = Porsche Club of America
    Their site has basic info on their track events. Most PCA chapters do not allow non-Porsche cars on the track for obvious reasons, but there are exceptions. Hell, I can remember ripping around LRP in my 4x4 Dodge Ram (diesel) one snowy March day.

Check out individual tracks (like LRP) for a listing of track dates and club schedules. There are tons of days available through all sorts of clubs. Some are run better (safer) than others. PDA is a nice org. If I get a chance to make it to one of their events I'll make sure I look you up. The Glen and LRP are both awesome tracks, I love the elevation changes. Pocono is okay, but not in the same league, nor is New Hampshire.

Cig 38,

My Boats:
    98 Wellcraft SCARAB
    Seal Beach, CA.
    I have a friend who is close friends with Louis Ruf and he was telling me that Louis hosts an event once every other year at Road Atlanta where they have a Ruf owners club meet and a owners driving course, he was telling me that it is quite impressive, they also even fly cars in from Europe as well...I'm sure this would be a thrilling event to attend and check out.

Someone wrote above about the cars being a Ruf not a Porsche, that is correct, Ruf is classified as a manufacturer and all Ruf built cars are labeled and assigned Ruf Vin #'s, there is really nothing negative you can say about Ruf cars, they are among the finest cars produced in the World.

The company I work for is the importer for TechArt, another aftermarket tuner for Porsche, they too offer some really nice enhancements for Porsche, but Ruf is honestly recognized as the best, the problem with Ruf is the product being accesable, they really don't offer their product on a individual basis, ordering just wheels only or any aero parts is virtually impossible, they really only want to offer complete cars.

Great Thread, it's great to read about everyones experience with some of the older 930's and 935's, truly a hayday for exotic hard to find cars.

Platinum Member Platinum Member animalhouse's Avatar
    Warwick, RI
    If you guys like RUF, then you need to check out Gemballa. Sick Automobiles. Had the pleasure of driving a '03 911 turbo w/ factory x-50 package and some minor Gemballa computer tuning. Just their re-program woke the car up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    79 Larry Smith Scarab 'Kaama'
    Abita Springs, La.

You gotta check this site out!!!!

Also look at the 1997 911 RS Turbo.

My Boats:
    1997/2010 Spectre Catamaran w/ twin 250XS Sports
    Monroe, LA
    Originally posted by animalhouse
    Just their re-program woke the car up.
    Like the 996tt/x-50 was a sleeper before the got their hands on it...

BTW -- didn't one of the members here have an issue with Gemballa a few months back?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345