Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO in the News (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67234-oso-news.html)

Ron P 12-26-2003 07:33 PM

OSO in the News

1 Attachment(s)
I've been assigned to write an article about OSO for the upcoming edition of Extreme Boats Mag. This issue will feature the World Championship races and OSO, along with Steve's girlfriend, Samantha as our featured Extreme bikini model.

I'd like to ask for your help with the article.

Please list your top three most notable members of OSO. You pick the reason why they are notable in your mind but please explain why they made the list.

Second, list your most memorable thread of all time. Or why you visit OSO.

Thanks for your help. I want to make this a great story.

WARPAINT 12-26-2003 07:43 PM

This is easy.

#1 Lucy, not only beautiful but owns one of the baddest boats on oso.

#2 Too Old, very professional with every post he has ever made.So what if he has never driven a boat on water.;)

#3 Bob Saccenti, a true hero and legend in the sport of offshore powerboat racing.

Best thread of all time........Apache whats in a name 1,2

buck183 12-26-2003 08:01 PM

For me one has to earn respect by their knowledge and what they give to the board.

1) Would easily be Too Old. Professional, curtious, helpful, has the ability to say what needs to be said without offending. ALWAYS there to help without complaint.

The rest are honorable mentions in no certain order:

T2X
Sean Stinson
Shane
Sharkey

And a couple others I'm sure I'm forgetting. These people have more combined knowledge about performance boating history than the entire membership of every other boating forum I have ever been on.

Buck

dyno 12-26-2003 08:16 PM

#1 Too Old for sure!!! Lots of other good candidates Cord,Crazyhorse,Bayley, Sean they all give great advice!! But Freds the man!!!

Wasabe 12-26-2003 08:22 PM

I would have to say BG1. He is in fact the Founder of OSO.

glassdave 12-26-2003 08:22 PM

cant wait to read it

too old- a true offshore powerboat fan, puts up well thought out posts. says whats on his mind. also hits pretty much every section of this board, milling area, tech, . . you name it hes prolly got a post there.

Timucin- he is probably Turkeys only offshore racer, shows you the scope and reach of this website.

troutly- how do you post that much and always seem to have somthing constructive to add? i always stop to read his posts, usually somthing good in there . . . or funny. :D

also worth mentioning
T2x- great insight about the eveloution of the sport
AudioFN- highest post count i think
BoB Saccenti- hey . . hes the chief
Kilo Kat- True proffesioonal racer
Catmando- like him or not hes still a big part
HyperBaha- at 16 one of our youngest members
Lucy- hey, shes hot AND has a bad azz boat:cool:
dennis moore- gives us lots of good tech
PhantomChaos- you'll laugh, you'll cry . . ahh, just go read his posts. :D :D

goes with out saying we have a great mix of people on this site. i will have to think for a while about my favorite post, hmmm :cool: :cool:

Ron P 12-26-2003 08:25 PM

BG1 is a part of the story, after all, he started it all.

rockstrmkr 12-26-2003 08:40 PM

my .02 --

Most notable members in no particular order:

T2X, Sean Stinson, Too Old, Craig Barrie(cbdragon).......

Most interesting thread...the original Apache thread started by leopajm...

Formula Outlaw 12-26-2003 09:10 PM

My choices:

1) Too Old - Fred has great insight into our sport, is ALWAYS willing to help out whatever/whenever and has vowed to someday get one of his boats out on the water. (Vegas is giving 5 to 1 AGAINST)

2) Troutly - Not afraid to offer an opinion and says something while offering it. (The "librarian" of the uncensored section)

3) Board God 1 - for putting this all together

I think we all realize how important this website has become to us all.

Wasabe 12-26-2003 09:50 PM

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
My choices:

1) Too Old - Fred has great insight into our sport, is ALWAYS willing to help out whatever/whenever and has vowed to someday get one of his boats out on the water. (Vegas is giving 5 to 1 AGAINST)

2) Troutly - Not afraid to offer an opinion and says something while offering it. (The "librarian" of the uncensored section)

3) Board God 1 - for putting this all together

I think we all realize how important this website has become to us all.

I have to agree with Outlaw.

1-Too Old always has something to offer.

2-Troutly is definitely the "Librarian" of the uncensored section. Hey Troutly, did you like the Calendar! :D :D :D :D

3-Jeffery because he's the Brilliant man behind this Phenomenon.

4-Phantom Chaos for making me cry for laughing soo hard. I have a flat stomach because of the work out! Woo hoo!