Notices

hey,baja daze

Old 12-26-2003, 09:03 AM
Offshore Addiction

Default hey,baja daze

it was TEXTRON that my father had worked for in tennesee I believe,I guess they had to restructure because of the varying intrest rates and thats when he got out,I met my cousin that worked with him at numerous places years ago yesterday and we talked for awhile about him,also talked to him on the phone,I guess besides the wings for the military planes they also made fuel tanks and other parts for the shuttle,and boeing,he worked for Bill lear in reno devolping a plane also for a few years and also worked with piper in lakeland,till they restructured to their vero beach plant at that time,buddy my cousin said that one of the first planes that piper had developed was developed by computer,and that they fell behind two years in production due to one of there computer engineers put a decimal point in the wrong place and the fuelsalodge was too short and the plane wouldnt fly,and had to be redeveloped,which put them behind,he was running his chain of parts stores and a service station in ft lauderdale and I guess alot of pilots and aircraft mechanics used to come in there and learned of his education he got in the airforce,and they got him and his cousin to finally come work for them!

Old 12-27-2003, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very cool! Thanks for the update.
Textron was going to be my second guess.
Anyway, it sounds like an exciting career.
How's it going otherwise, catching up and all that?
Good luck. Take Care!

Old 12-27-2003, 10:45 AM
Offshore Addiction

he's supposed to come down towards next weekend,do you still have access to the wind tunnel that you put miklos's boat in?