Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA Orange Beach (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67253-apba-orange-beach.html)

BRUCE SEROFF 12-28-2003 11:36 AM

Sure was true offshore Racing conditions...What happened to all the Super Vs? It was rough, But wasnt that rough. Just curious as to what failed in all these Bad A$$ boats

DARREN US1 12-28-2003 01:04 PM

SC NEXT WEEK!

BRUCE SEROFF 12-28-2003 01:08 PM

Darren......Whatttup Dog????

Happy New Year

boatme 12-28-2003 01:19 PM

Well I have just watched the second show on orange beach
The second day of racing

The coverage was for F-1, F-2, Super V, Super V-Light and a snip of Performance

This is the results of time coverage of boats actually running on the race coarse

This was very unscientific using a regular watch so I give the numbers a factor of accuracy within a ½ minute or so

1) General Commercials as well as Promos on city of Orange Beach --20 Minutes

Actual Racing shown

2) Performance Class – 10 to 20 seconds

3) F-1--7 Minutes

4) F-2 –4 Minutes

5) Super V – 10 Minutes

6) Super V Light – 4 minutes

No Super Cat Or Super Cat Light

I would guess they will be run on another Show the good news will be more racing (I hope) due to less classes running

They are now on the 3 hour of go-cart racing on speed

Waterfoul 12-28-2003 01:22 PM

I can't believe there is that big a crowd in the USA for Cart racing. Or IRL. NASCAR is where it's at for car racing. Open wheel racing has been on the downswing for many, many years. Let it die! Show more boats. More people own boats than race cars!!

DARREN US1 12-28-2003 01:25 PM

Originally posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Darren......Whatttup Dog????

Happy New Year

You too Bruce, hope you had a nice holiday season.

RumRunner 12-28-2003 02:09 PM

CMS broke a drive off the back of the boat, and Donzi lost coolant from the closed cooling system on one engine.

powerboat princess 12-29-2003 09:43 AM

Speed Channel boat racing

Guys I agree with most of you- not enough of the actual racing shown. Can't wait for the producer to call this morning to get feedback. I have now watched two of the shows and was unsure if that is the way they are normally shown but now after hearing your comments I am going to speak to them about it.

buckknekkid 12-29-2003 10:28 AM

eggsackly

Originally posted by Boatme
Well I have just watched the second show on orange beach
The second day of racing

The coverage was for F-1, F-2, Super V, Super V-Light and a snip of Performance

This is the results of time coverage of boats actually running on the race coarse

This was very unscientific using a regular watch so I give the numbers a factor of accuracy within a ½ minute or so

1) General Commercials as well as Promos on city of Orange Beach --20 Minutes

Actual Racing shown

2) Performance Class – 10 to 20 seconds

3) F-1--7 Minutes

4) F-2 –4 Minutes

5) Super V – 10 Minutes

6) Super V Light – 4 minutes

No Super Cat Or Super Cat Light

I would guess they will be run on another Show the good news will be more racing (I hope) due to less classes running

They are now on the 3

hour of go-cart racing on speed

TOO MANY COMMERCIAL PLACEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not enough racing!!!

BRUCE SEROFF 12-29-2003 10:34 AM

The most excitement was SuperV, between Pier 57 and Lucas Oil. Too bad we cant get an hour of that kind of coverage instead of running shots. Gets kinda boring.