If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just Say N2O
    Did the bulb thing about 3 weeks ago. This time, as I was walking back to the car, I noticed a hole the size of a quarter in the passenger lens, with cracks going every which way.

The wierd thing is, that is really thick glass, and you would think I would have heard something hit/brake it, but I didn't.

I bought a new headlight assembly (oddly enough, it was cheaper at Honda, $135 vs. $184 @NAPA), and was going to put it in. Its going to the shop Monday morning. Too much to mess with.

Funny. We will use hours and hours of our life wrenching on things that will make our boats go faster, but changing a headlight assembly. . .

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    Always check the price on parts from the dealer first. Every now and then you'll find them to be the cheapest place (especially for items specific to that brand of car).

One item in particularI'm running off memory and estimating the pennies, but I remember this one well enough to be close).
    Cam Cover gaskets, set of 1R and 1L, for 3.8, 4.2, 5.0, and 5.6L SOHC Mercedes V8 1981-1991

Discount Import parts: $73.44
    Advance: RH $22.88 LH $24.88
    AutoZone: can't get them
    Pep Boys: RH $35.00 LH $35.00

(all of the above had to order them except DIP who had them in stock).

MB dealer: RH $9.11 LH $7.93

I did ask DIP if his were rubber or composite and he said neither, they are cork.

MB's were a new part number superceding the earlier composite ones. The new ones were nitrile rubber with a greenstripe sealer already on them.

You just never can tell...
    I see London, I see France...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12