Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
O/T How to replace headlight assembly on 1992 Honda Accord? >

O/T How to replace headlight assembly on 1992 Honda Accord?

Notices

O/T How to replace headlight assembly on 1992 Honda Accord?

Old 12-28-2003, 07:17 AM
Just Say N2O

Did the bulb thing about 3 weeks ago. This time, as I was walking back to the car, I noticed a hole the size of a quarter in the passenger lens, with cracks going every which way.

The wierd thing is, that is really thick glass, and you would think I would have heard something hit/brake it, but I didn't.

I bought a new headlight assembly (oddly enough, it was cheaper at Honda, $135 vs. $184 @NAPA), and was going to put it in. Its going to the shop Monday morning. Too much to mess with.

Funny. We will use hours and hours of our life wrenching on things that will make our boats go faster, but changing a headlight assembly. . .

Old 12-28-2003, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Always check the price on parts from the dealer first. Every now and then you'll find them to be the cheapest place (especially for items specific to that brand of car).

One item in particularI'm running off memory and estimating the pennies, but I remember this one well enough to be close).
Cam Cover gaskets, set of 1R and 1L, for 3.8, 4.2, 5.0, and 5.6L SOHC Mercedes V8 1981-1991

Discount Import parts: $73.44
Advance: RH $22.88 LH $24.88
AutoZone: can't get them
Pep Boys: RH $35.00 LH $35.00

(all of the above had to order them except DIP who had them in stock).

MB dealer: RH $9.11 LH $7.93

I did ask DIP if his were rubber or composite and he said neither, they are cork.

MB's were a new part number superceding the earlier composite ones. The new ones were nitrile rubber with a greenstripe sealer already on them.

You just never can tell...