Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   One last run on Lake Michigan with Nauti Kitty (many more Pics) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67264-one-last-run-lake-michigan-nauti-kitty-many-more-pics.html)

Nauti Kitty 12-28-2003 09:41 AM

I stayed under 30 so no more coasties. :)

Engine room is not done. I will post those in feb.
Mr Doug Geelhoed went and set a personnal record for lastest date to boat. :cool:

Apparently you get the launching fees waived after they have taken out the docks! Bonus I've saved like 25 dollars this winter boating. :D

GLH There was a lot of snow the day I left Mitch's and it was some work to get up the small hill in his driveway.
:cool:

The best stares this winter have come at the gas stations ( of which I have visited many recently) Numerous requests to seek help from a head doctor! What do they know. ;)

Hey foul who you calling idiots? I seem to remember you without a helmut!:drool: Which one of us is more of the idiot? :eureka: NK

Waterfoul 12-28-2003 10:19 AM

Oh, I'm a world class idiot!!! Ask anyone!! LOL!

MACDAD260 12-28-2003 10:25 AM

Wow! The pictures are great. I wish I could have been there. :cool:

And Foul, don't be so hard on yourself. You're not even close to being world class. :eek:

Just kidding, Doug :D

throttleup 12-28-2003 10:57 AM

Parnell,

When you come down here in Feb. leave the snowmobile suit at home!!!! They will stop you at the Florida border and confiscate it from you.

I was thinking about you when I went out with Donzi Fri. We were testing a new 38ZR with Teague 750's. We didn't have quite as much fun as you but we did run her up over 100 out in the Gulf. We were getting great air! Felt great in the boat, especially with Doug Valentine at the helm. He has a little experience pushing a 38ZR hard!

You ever try holding a radar gun above the windshield at 100 plus?

Matt

Nauti Kitty 12-28-2003 11:03 AM

Never have Doug but it sounds challenging. I tried another set yesterday. Get out your pen. Dead calm ( river), five guys, half a tank 4 blade 17 3/4 x 27 non labed brand new 5600 rpm's and 88
Excellant throttle response in the waves though. That makes four pair I've tried. If you don't have the other info I still have it in the old mainframe. We have decided to raise the boxes this spring so I think I want to keep the diameter on my 17 1/2's and just clean them up and sharpen them a little for now I will call you this week. Parnell

throttleup 12-28-2003 12:05 PM

Parnell,

I agree, do the props last. If you are gong to make changes like drive height, motor, hull, etc. than let's not get crazy with the props. Might regret it later.

Matt

Nauti Kitty 12-28-2003 05:44 PM

Thanks Fred how's the sutphen coming? I am wondering what if anything you have done about motors? Also I was informed by some other board members that the pics on the board of your daughter are real. I guess I didn't think those were real, photo shop and all and since we have never met I can now assume you to be a handsome man along with your boat. :) Hope you have a great holidday. NK

WickedWon 12-29-2003 06:28 AM

I Thought Only Curtis Was Crazy Enough To Go Out With Ya!

Parnell, you are one sick S O B :eek: :D :crazy: Please don't drown ( or freeze) Doug, I need some odds and ends taken care of on mine this winter ! I think you officially win the " Hard Core Award" for OSO, I'll chip in for the plaque now STOP !

BTW the motors gotta love the air BUT that much o2 might make'm go lean, Tommy's motors run pretty clean in FL, they're definitely not "fat", I think you've used up the 580' of elevation change with that air temp ;)

Can't wait to go out and play, correct that, I can wait till April !

JD

Nauti Kitty 12-29-2003 09:29 AM

My boy Curtis was near killing himself in boring warm old florida! :( Without his boat mindyou but we kept him informed. :p
There was no shortage of guys who wanted to go. Just shows how desperate we are here in Michigan for a break in the clouds. :o

JD you would have loved these waves. Classic lake Michigan and probably Erie too. With our gear on we were very toasty. I am looking forward to sotw because I feel it now, 3-5 and the three cousins just getting after it. :D NK

Nykamp 12-29-2003 09:58 AM

41 SABER

Thanks for the ride man! She is one wave busten machine, unbelieveable. Look forward a ride in feb. with some warmer temps. south of here. Maybe you can get VELVET JONES out on this sweet ride when we will be down in february.Steve