Notices

RUF car reviews...

Old 12-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUF car reviews...

Anyone driven one? Or know of any links to road tests? There is a member here who claims these cars suck
Old 12-26-2003, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've driven many of them (old and new) on the street and even more so on the track. There are VERY few cars that can touch them on the street. On the track they are a lot of fun and very impressive with sticky tires on them. If you can afford one, they are a huge improvement over a factory Porsche... and that's saying a lot since the factory 911 turbo is one incredible car!!!

Whoever told you these suck has never driven one!
Old 12-26-2003, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've driven an older Ruf. Hands down, the fastest car I've ever driven....by a longshot.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:46 AM
Registered

Default Re: RUF car reviews...

Originally posted by HyperBaja
There is a member here who claims these cars suck
Let me guess
Winston or Catmando
Old 12-26-2003, 11:49 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by SS930
I've driven many of them (old and new) on the street and even more so on the track. There are VERY few cars that can touch them on the street. On the track they are a lot of fun and very impressive with sticky tires on them. If you can afford one, they are a huge improvement over a factory Porsche... and that's saying a lot since the factory 911 turbo is one incredible car!!!

Whoever told you these suck has never driven one!
I dove one a while ago it was INSANE. Also took a ride in the passanger seat of a 959 and that made the Ruff look like it was slow. They are all amazing cars.

Jon
Old 12-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Registered

I've driven a GT2 but never a RUF and it impressed the **** out of me, not only acceleration the phenomenal handling, I can only imagine the RUF. 911's are awsome.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jon,
They really are incredible cars. The 959's were also impressive. Many years ago I was fortunate enough to sit in the passenger seat of one with Hurley Haywood behind the wheel. Pretty f....... cool experience. The 959's were very advanced for their time (1984 if I remember correctly), but they can't be compared to today's Ruff or even the factory 911 turbo. The 959 had a very small engine (2.8L ?) vs todays 3.6L turbo. Either way the 959 was and is a landmark in automotive history.

Now if you want to talk about FAST Porsche's then the 935's where the cats meow... but that's another story.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:25 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya today I think even the Benz 55 will give it a run for its money and there are a lot of cars that will easily outperform it. Back then those numbers were unheard of. I can only imagine a ride around the track with Haywood driving!!! I took a ride around Sebring with a guy (can not remember what his name was) and I was ****ting myself the entire trip around. I was seriously SCARED!!! A good driver can really make a car go SO much farther then a guy like me. One of my favorite Porche time frames/race cars are the 910's-917's. They were just such a sexy car.

Jon
Old 12-26-2003, 12:55 PM
Registered

Audio? The SL55AMG? One sweet ride...On my must see list.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by cashbrain
Ruf..pronounced roof..is the Mercedes tuner AMG
I have driven them both...on tracks and the street.Both are incredible but, very$$$
you mean ruf is to porsche as amg is to mercedes?

Quick Reply: RUF car reviews...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.