Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I think I was the victum of discrimination... What would you do ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67369-i-think-i-victum-discrimination-what-would-you-do.html)

Turbojack 12-29-2003 08:07 PM

I would get the email of the CEO & write a letter. I have to be really pissed of but every time I have done it I get action!

Scott B 12-29-2003 09:07 PM

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
Yeah, easy to say that, until it happens to you. :rolleyes:
:D :D :D

Scott B

CAP071 12-29-2003 09:14 PM

Yep let em know how ya feel in a letter !

Phknlwyr 12-29-2003 09:39 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
I gotta wonder how a guy stumbles on to that web site.:D

On second thought, don't tell me.:D :D :D

It's OK to stumble onto dogdoo.com, just don't step in it.

Wasabe 12-29-2003 10:08 PM

I say call Corporate office. Get them fired.

For my birthday I wanted a BMW. I went to the bank to get some cash out and then went to Crevier in OC. Santa Ana to be exact.
I walked in with jeans, t-shirt and flip flops.
I was 21 at the time. (Blonde hair/blue eyes)
A guy came up to me and asked if their is anything he can do. I told him what I wanted and when it came time to get serious he took me to his desk and his cell phone rang. He was on the phone for what seemed to be twenty minutes. It was a friend.
When he got off he said are you serious about buying the car because I looked too young and he even asked if my parents where going to help. I took his card and walked out.
I called my aunt to see if she could help. At the time she was the marketing director of Century BMW. LA.
At the end of the day not only was the car ordered and paid in cash but Marlene talked to the General Manager of Crevier. Later I got a nice letter of apology saying the problem has been corrected and to come in for come in for some complimentary BMW merchandise for the new ride. :D

Smarty 12-30-2003 01:35 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles, that sucks, but many people here hit it right on the head. Either do business elsewhere, or complain up the ladder to the ultimate decision maker. Unless there are people, who like you experienced this, if because of race, origin, ... you really will be hard pressed to show damages, meaning money, or what remedy do you seek - from the store, or the courts? Move on screw-em.

Reed Jensen 12-30-2003 02:44 AM

I agree... I would suggest that you write a letter to Walgreens and describe your experience there. I too have been treated with disrespect and suspicion. I recently went into a 'Sports Chalet' here in Los Angeles. It had been raining all day and I was wearing a baseball cap. I was asked by the check-out clerk if I had picked up the cap in the store. (She was implying that I had picked up the hat in the store and had intended to shoplift it). Lucky for me it was a hat purchased at the 2002 winter olympics in Salt Lake City. I asked her if she had any commerative hats from the Olympics for sale here in the store. Her reply was 'no'. My reply was " then what makes you think I didn't walk in here with it on my head"? Now I have to tell you, I am a middle aged white man with white hair. I certainly didn't fit a 'minority profile' ( although lilly white people in Los Angeles are a minority :D). I was well dressed and well groomed. Was it a case of "descrimination?" Or was it just a case of stupidity? I think it was just stupidity on the clerk's place. I didn't make an issue of it. I just let it go, because I also know that most retailers loose almost 5% of there inventory to shoplifting. I have bigger fish to fry in my life.... Good luck and take care. Remember the good things that happen in our lives,,,, and try to forget the bad.

Scott B 12-30-2003 04:49 AM

MO,

You are terminally warped :D :D :D

Scott B

I hate it when my first cup of coffee comes out my nose...

Audiofn 12-30-2003 06:31 AM

Mr Offshore you NEED to seak help bro!!!!! :D:D

open87 12-30-2003 07:03 AM

Originally posted by TEAMBAJA
Yeah, easy to say that, until it happens to you. :rolleyes:
come to new orleans :drool: