Notices

Chevrolet Avalanche 2500

Old 12-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys,

My wife is a partner at Accenture, so she gets GM Supplier Discount ($4000) plus a $500 bonus right now. I've got my old Army military ID, which as a former officer says INDEFINITE, so I can pass myself off as a current member of the military for another $750, in addition to the current $4000 rebate.

We're looking at a '04, Sport Red, 2500, 8100, with full leather, DVD, CD, Onstar, XM, electric pedals, 2 person memory controls, 10 way power seats, power extended mirrors, power sunroof, dual climate control, tow package, all options etc. In other words, alot of stuff to potentially beak down the road.... MSRP for $43k minus rebates, discounts, etc for $33k.

I never really gave the Avalanche much thought until tonight. I checked out the http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com and there everything looks good. You either like the looks or you don't I guess.

I'm thinking we'll have it parked out front tomorrow.

Last edited by Monty; 12-29-2003 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:53 PM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

The looks have never really grown on me. It got a little better when they got rid of the plastic on the sides. I've always been a Chevy guy but when they made the Silverado look like the Avalanche, I about crapped. I have a 1998 Chevy and I'm still in love with that body syle. Even the next one I liked but they didn't keep it for very long. Wonder why?
Old 12-29-2003, 10:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

$33K is a GREAT deal on that truck. Snatch it. Then go buy stock in Amoco/BP; and keep your foot out of it.

A couple simple mods like the billet grill and billet Bowtie on the front will really set it off. Several folks here on OSO can get them for you. I also highly recommend the Catch-All molded carpet matched floor mats. Mine are great, and much better than the stock. Also, moisture gets trapped under the rubber mat in the bed. I did not like that, plus the rubber is difficult as hell to move anything on; plus the rubber weighs about 60lbs. I would also recommend a spray in liner for the floor of the truck. And of course, byfar, best thing I put on mine was the airbags, with the filler air-fittings made to be my rear license plate bolts. It turned out trick. (Thanks OutlawMark!)

My figuring, when I advance the timing, and fill it with Super Premium fuel, I've got it up from the stock 340hp closer to 360, and stock torque up from 455lb/ft closer to 500. Too bad the tranny is torque limited when in first gear. (They do this to save the tranny. The Allison could handle that.)

Last edited by Sydwayz; 12-29-2003 at 10:21 PM.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

PS... when you get it, can you drive it over to Troutly's house and do a donut in the front yard??
Old 12-29-2003, 10:18 PM
Registered

Awe man, don't get me started with thinking about mods.... I've got to ge the boat done first. Thnaks fort he suggestions though, the spary on bedliners sounds like a good idea as I have read a couple of comments regarding moisture under the bed liner.

As for Troutly's yard, I prefer to keep a low profile with the cop's...lol
Old 12-29-2003, 10:24 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Which dealer are you going to? If you want, I can put you in touch with Team Chevrolet, GREAT folks, and where my Dad bought his C5 from.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Registered

Bredeman Chevrolet in Park Ridge, IL. They're about 2-3 miles from my house, which is a big selling feature. I was actually pretty impressed with them.

My standard has always been BMW dealers, they pretty much just hand you the keys to a car and say just test drive it and come back a couple hours later. These guys were much the same way, even tried to convince us to do the 24 hour test drive. No pressure, and so far, no BS. Of course the BS usually doesn't start 'till you are finalizing the final $$ amount and they need to go talk to their sales or finance manager.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

I hate that game
Old 12-29-2003, 10:39 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Well, my Dad's salesguy is now the Finance Manager at Team, so if you need another route; drop me a line.

Best and easiest car buying experience I ever had was with Brett Dean, here on OSO, (bsag). He now sells boats at Offshore-performance.com, but when I negotiated with Brett, I told him flat out where I wanted/needed to be, and he beat it by $138 bucks. That was also back with 0.0% financing.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Registered

I have an 03 2500 with the 4.10 rear end and love it. I actually had an 02 with the 3.73 on a two year lease and was able to turn it in 6 months early with no penalty back in June. My lease was supposed to be up on Jan 2, 2004. Anyway, at the time the rebates were unreal on the 03's. $5k rebate, an extra $1K for MI, OH, IN residents, $500 owner loyalty(previous Av), $500 conquest (my wife has an Infinity), $1K for previously having an Olds (since they were discontinuing the brand), some GM card money, and my dad's a GM retiree, so I got the full family discount. The $43K came down to around $28K plus tax and sounds like it's equipped like yours, except I don't have onstar or the sunroof.

I pull right at 12000# with a full tank of gas in a 336 Formula. You know it's back there, but it pulls pretty good. Mileage sucks, I'm getting around 11.2 mostly city driving. If you have kids, the rear seat dvd system is a bargain at twice the cost. It's pretty sweet that they can watch a movie with wireless headphones in the back and we can listen to the uncensored XM comedy channel up front at the same time.

I like the look and love the practicality of it. The cladding takes care of anything anyone dishes out in a parking lot, I can carry full sheets of plywood covered in the back when I need to (and have), pull 12000#, and it will still fit in a standard garage.
Attached Thumbnails Chevrolet Avalanche 2500-citgo.jpg  

Last edited by Bill272; 12-29-2003 at 10:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet Avalanche 2500

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.