If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member Platinum Member Fountain38's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 36 Daytona with 500 EFI's
    Pryor, Ok.
    2nd cat thru the same insurance co. I use worldwide marine. I didn't know that made a difference? I would like to be cheaper though.

Platinum Member Platinum Member GLH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Burlington, VT
    -Insurance Company access risk.

Frivolous lawsuits and attorneys working dubious claims on percentages with minimal costs implications when they loose are what is jacking up our rates. If loosing parties in civil lawsuits would pay for the defence's leagal fees those rates would go down. And the number of "I'm fat because I ate at McDonalds" lawsuit crap would diminish.

My Boats:
    Spectre Sportfish Tournament Edition
    In southern VA we boat 10 out of the 12 months and I personally have no lay-up required and still pay about 30% less than FLA rates. I'm not sure that the "boating year round" is the real issue but instead the theft rates in FLA are MUCH higher and that drives rates up. Drug runners need new boats too....

Registered User Platinum Member Lickitysplit's Avatar
    My Boats:
    96 Powerplay 33 SD
    Palm City, FL
    Dean, as long as the boat speed does not exceed 75 mph call Progressive. Better yet get a quote on line. I did and then had to call them because the price was so low that I thought that there was some kind of mistake. I live an hour south of you in Stuart, I saved $1300 a year on my 33' Powerplay. Saved $200 on my Jet Ski policy while I was at it.

Platinum Member Platinum Member boatfreak's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2004 37 ActiveThunder
    I know I have a little boat but my 28 Thunder with 425hp is just $633 a year. There is no layup should I decide to take her south like I did last year. I did get a quote on a 37 Thunder with 500s that I was dreaming about earlier this year and it was about $1700 with no layup again. These are prices from my agent that I have been with for several claim free years.

My Boats:
    Virginia Beach
    I second what Lickitysplit said. Call Bob Luellan at Worldwide Marine. They advertise here on OSO. He is one of Progressive's biggest marine insurers.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Full Throttle 525's Avatar
    Milford, CT
    Hey Dean:

Try Progressive Insurance. They have no lay-up provisions and you can boat anywhere within 50 miles of any US shore. I found them to be the best, plus they insure for 100% replacement value.

My Boats:
    2000 Campion Chase 910
    Atlanta, GA
    Progressive is a good tip, I found them to be the cheapest for auto insurance as well.

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    Try making a claim with Progressive. They don't really like boats, and will try to deny your claim any way possible. Been there, done that, changed carrieres.

Dean, insurance in Floriduh is so expensive because there is the ever present threat of running into a manatee!!!!
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

Charter Member #319 Charter Member
    Pennsville NJ.
    Originally posted by Waterfoul
    Dean, insurance in Floriduh is so expensive because there is the ever present threat of running into a manatee!!!!

Thats pretty funny foul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast