Well, I finally had it out with my roomate

Notices

Well, I finally had it out with my roomate

Old 12-28-2003, 08:12 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Well, I finally had it out with my roomate

I came home today from lunch with a friend to find my nice, not cheap 900 mghz cordless phone smashed into 5 pieces. Not dropped kind of broken, but smashed, thrown into the floor or wall kind of smashed. I also have a Mirage speaker on a stand with a big hole in it (these were about $400 a pair years ago). I didn't do it. Wasn't that way when he moved in. He denies having anything to do with it being broken. It's now useless.

I have not gotten any rent from him since the first week of December. That was a paltry $25. I told him that he had to be paid up by Friday or get out. $175 plus a new phone. There are also $40 worth of long distance calls on my local phone service. I didn't make them. I know he won't come on with any of this. He just left here while I was on the phone with my mom saying "talking chit about me on the phone again?" Acutally, yes I was. I told him that if he didn't do such dumb chit, his friends wouldn't have to talk chit about him. I told him that since he started nailing this little kid he calls a girlfriend, none of his "friends" want anything to do with him. He went out of here with a bag of clothes in a huff, swearing at me. I told him it didn't have to be this way. If he would show some responsiblity things could be better.

I know I will never see a dime for any of my things or the rent. But, if he is not out by Friday, I will take his things and throw them in the dumpster at the park across the street. Thing is, I just don't have the money to change all my locks right now either. What should I do about that??? I'm not afraid to call the police if there's a problem, and I will press charges if there are any to be pressed (willful destruction, etc...) His ass can rot in jail for all I care.

Aggghh....

Thanks for listening.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:14 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

And now my cell phone battery is dead!!!! Taking it's sweet time charging back up too..... sorry Cord.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Argh! I hate cell phones! Try a land line someday! I'll be sending you a cheapie corded phone asap. See if you can kill the batteries with that one! And if Keith decides to throw it, he'd better watch out! Those windy cords will have it commin' back!
Old 12-28-2003, 08:23 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I'd call you back on a land line, but the focker broke my only focking phone!!

Can you tell I'm pissed????
Old 12-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Foul call me tomarrow and I will get ya money for a new lock bro. Just get to the hardware store and GET IT!!!!

DO NOT toss his **** out in the dumpster as you WILL be responsible to replace it. Go to a local storage place and toss it in there under his name and then call him and tell him were the **** is.

Sorry it turned out this way but some times it does not pay to get involved with friends. This guy sounds like a duche bag and did not ever think of you as a freind ovbiously. Probably in about 10 years he will realize how much of a dick head he is and appologize. If he does tell him he owes ya all the money PLUS 21 percent Interest. Lastly you HAVE to file against this ******* in small claims court.

Jon
Old 12-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Foul,

I dont know you, but I have followed your trials n tribulations with the room-mate for awhile now. Oh so very familiar, I had a good friend/room-mate just like yours several (OK, many) years ago. I let him off on the rent payments in exchange for phone and power, he burned me and they got shut off. I paid those up, he stiffed me on the rent. And lets not even go into the puppy (400.00) pissing everywhere on my new rugs.. Best thing I ever did was toss his ass out @ 2AM one morning. Did I ever collect my money? Nope, but the mental peace I got was worth it.

Toss him dude! Home Depot has locks all day long, and if the total bill is over $300.00 they will put it on their card and do 0 interest payments.. Buy nice locks

Scott B
Old 12-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG! Reminds me of roomates I had years ago. I recently went through the same thing on some commercial space. I started feeling like I was this guy's personal janitor since he never cleaned up his messes. He violated the terms of his rental agreement. I went to Home Depot and changed the locks. Gave him 72 hrs to clear his stuff or he could get it after the "scavangeros" had picked over it out front at the curb. Good luck.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I'm changing the deadbolts tomorrow. I feel I HAVE to do this.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

I think there are laws that help your reatrded roomate unfortunately. Hey I watch Judge Judy! Be careful and try and rap it up the best you can without destroying his things - BH
Old 12-28-2003, 09:02 PM
Registered

Foul-
Sorry about the fall out with your "friend"!!! By the way, how old is this guy??? sounds like he's 16... Also,, you might be able to have all of your locks re-keyed, which would be alot cheaper than buying all new locks..

Remember-

What goes around, comes around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Well, I finally had it out with my roomate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.