Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So, does anyone else want to burn their 2003 calendar tonight? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67544-so-does-anyone-else-want-burn-their-2003-calendar-tonight.html)

Budman 12-31-2003 10:54 AM

So, does anyone else want to burn their 2003 calendar tonight?

I'm really looking forward to kissing 2003 goodbye! It has been a rough year - my brother passed away from a brain tumor in July, my wife was diagnosed with bladder cancer in November (while pregnant), and my Dad developed a case of severe depression and anxiety disorder in December (gee, I wonder why :rolleyes: ). Add to that the fact that my aunt has cancer, one of my best friend's Mom has breast cancer... the list goes on. I haven't spent much time on OSO lately because I have been using all of my spare time on the web for medical research. I think I know enough now to get through med school! Kind of scary when you can talk shop with the doc's in their own language! :eek:

I think I need to burn all of my 2003 calendars to prevent this year's bad karma from infecting 2004! That, and maybe do some kind of dance while chanting incantations....

From the looks of the board this year, it looks like a lot of other folks out there have had a rough one too.

Let hope that 2004 will be a LOT better!

Wishing my fellow OSO'ers the best! Thanks for being there when I needed to vent.

Steve_H 12-31-2003 10:58 AM

:( :( :(

hope next year is better for yaa.
doesnt sound like it can get worse.

ST31 12-31-2003 11:11 AM

I agree, burn baby burn. 2003 was a rough one for me as well.

Tricky919 12-31-2003 11:31 AM

I will be happy to see 2003 go !!!!!!!!!!!!

mikev 12-31-2003 11:42 AM

me too rough year with job's deaths in the family ect. I think for me it was God humbling me so I will appreciate all I do have loving family, home and plenty of toys.

X-Rated30 12-31-2003 11:46 AM

Ditto.
(BUT THEN, some good did come of it all.)

Mom died the weekend after Thanksgiving.
(Paid off all of the credit card debt the ex-wife got me into. Doesn't quite balance out, but thanks, Mom.)

Lost a big murder trial in Feb.
(Still got hired on two BIG federal cases.)

Business has been down by a third all year.
(Met a very nice girl I am now dating. No sense in being at the office if business is slow).

Worked on the boat all summer, and didn't get to the water until August.:rolleyes:
(But once I got the engines back in, they are now purring like kittens.)

Some days the glass is half full, some days it is half empty. Maybe I will have a few more half full than half empty in 2004. Black-eyed peas and greens for everyone.:cool:

Gizmo 12-31-2003 12:17 PM

Budman, I couldn't agree more!!! This year has been the worst for me. We have lost more friends and family than any year I can remember. Hopefully, 2004 will be one that we will look back on and say "man that was a good ride". Keep the spirits up and Spring is just around the corner.......

Roger 1 12-31-2003 01:09 PM

I`ve lost some friends and family members this year as well. I`ve also made some new friends this past year that I hope to spend more time with in the future.
I hope this coming year proves to be better for everyone.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

JUSTONCE 12-31-2003 01:28 PM

I had a really bad year too, but not as bad as others, Sorry for your losses. My condolences. Lets pray for a better 2004.

klmken 01-01-2004 11:56 AM

I'll bonfire it with 2001 and 2002........