Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gladiator or Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67718-gladiator-skater.html)

Havasu Cig 01-04-2004 12:07 PM

Both boats are awesome, and like stated before I think you need to decide if you want a cat or a V.

There are a couple of 32 Skaters running at Havasu, and they are fairly small boats imo to be running offshore in conditions like we get out here on the west coast. Depends what type of water you are running in.

As far as insurance goes, I was paying $3500. a month two years ago for a single engine 110 mph cat. This was lake use only with a 3 moth lay-up. Insure value was about 135k.

I pay the same on our Cig with a much higher insured value. I have no accidents and several years of perfomance boating experience. You might want to check around at the rates.

trader1 01-05-2004 09:53 AM

The boat will be used primarily in the Chesapeake Bay, and maybe a few trips to Ocean City MD. The pricwe difference is quite different about 80,000. The 36 is way out of my price range. How does Cigarette justify a 100k price increase in the 04 cost of a Gladiator????? What do you all think the price would be with the 04 on the trailer and out the door with 525's and not a crazy paint job????? We can see where this is going. Just thinking about the price difference is enough to make you puke in your trashcan.

Scott B 01-05-2004 09:59 AM

Originally posted by Havasu Cig

As far as insurance goes, I was paying $3500. a month two years ago for a single engine 110 mph cat. This was lake use only with a 3 moth lay-up. Insure value was about 135k.

:eek: :eek: Please tell me thats a typo...

Scott B

Reindl Powerboats 01-05-2004 10:05 AM

You have to hope so...

cigarette1 01-05-2004 10:07 AM

Re: Gladiator or Skater

Originally posted by trader1
... The price difference is kind of big but not too bad. I would love to hear some input.

... Just thinking about the price difference is enough to make you puke in your trashcan.
Which is it?

G

OffshoreOnly 01-05-2004 10:23 AM

trader 1, price difference is $110 K??? where did you get those numbers?

trader1 01-05-2004 10:29 AM

cig1, after reading the posts and thinking it over this weekend I thought about all the things I could do with the extra money and well...it does make a difference. I think a gladiator in the secondary market might be the way to go.( I guess I am getting cheap) I do not want to lose a ton of money when the trailer leaves the parking lot.
Steve (OSO) what do you mean?

clearcut3 01-05-2004 10:34 AM

Originally posted by OffshoreOnly
there is a 32 Active Thunder Cat that is/was made.

Simon,

if you can pass a V that is doing 75 in 3-4s in a 32 cat and make the v look like it is standing still send me the video so I can display it on OSO.

Please let me know if you get this....I wanna see them holding on :eek: :D

cigarette1 01-05-2004 10:36 AM

... I think a gladiator in the secondary market might be the way to go.( I guess I am getting cheap) I do not want to lose a ton of money when the trailer leaves the parking lot. ...

Hey Bro, that's not being cheap .. that's getting more for your money ;)

JUSTONCE 01-05-2004 10:55 AM

Originally posted by Springbrook
That is my Dragon. It does 95 mph with Merc 525's, Sportmasters, 34 pitch 4 blades. It turns on a dime and handles 6'-8' off of Miami. I couldn't be happier. It will be in the Cleveland Boat Show Jan. 17 to end.

John

Awsome, I've been watching the dragon thread as that boat was built. Totally cool that its in Ohio Hope to see you on the water this summer.:)
Martin