Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Gladiator or Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67718-gladiator-skater.html)

simon johnston 01-16-2004 02:37 PM

the sea's getting rougher ; and the cats are getting smaller ........ like i suggested EARLIER in this thread we all go boating in a force 9 !!!!!

trader1 01-16-2004 02:49 PM

Alright everyone no arguing! I think that a gladiator with six's will be a bit slower due to the amt of hp to turn the shaft. I guess though reading it is helping me decide what I really want. I like the arneson because I think it is a stronger product with less opposing moving parts. I like the style of the cat.
Bottom line is that I am going to have to spend time on each of them and really see what I like the most. Maybe a Gladiator with arnesons?????? Cigarette does say "Let you imagination be your limits".
Again NO FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!

simon johnston 01-16-2004 02:54 PM

the linch mob cigs GOT to be the coolest looking boat around................. and thats from a cat owner !!!!

BLee 01-16-2004 02:56 PM

6's and Arnesons aren't available for the Gladiator. The hulls aren't setup for surface drives and the boat would struggle with 6's. It was meant to be an F-2 setup.

trader1 01-16-2004 02:58 PM

Or Should I say...
"WHATS THAT SIGN SAY?" No spitting.....
"NO WHATS THIS SING SAY?" NO FIGHTING......

I really hope everyone got that!:p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D

simon johnston 01-16-2004 03:00 PM

would the boat struggle with #6's ????? or do you mean a mid 500hp motor would stuggle [polite question ]

LEOPAJM 01-16-2004 03:01 PM

TOO MUCH WEIGHT !!!

lucky strike 01-16-2004 03:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by simon johnston
the linch mob cigs GOT to be the coolest looking boat around................. and thats from a cat owner !!!!
I got to see the ex "Lynch Mob" boat last weekend, and meet the new owner Gary. He is an outstanding guy and his boat is awesome!!

LS JR.

LEOPAJM 01-16-2004 03:02 PM

TRADER1

Originally posted by trader1
Alright everyone no arguing! I think that a gladiator with six's will be a bit slower due to the amt of hp to turn the shaft. I guess though reading it is helping me decide what I really want. I like the arneson because I think it is a stronger product with less opposing moving parts. I like the style of the cat.
Bottom line is that I am going to have to spend time on each of them and really see what I like the most. Maybe a Gladiator with arnesons?????? Cigarette does say "Let you imagination be your limits".
Again NO FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!

Have you checked out the 36 Nor-tech cat ??????

trader1 01-16-2004 03:10 PM

The sixs would be too mush weight, and I think 500's are not enough power for the drive.

Leo the nortech is too much money.