Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   silent or loud (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67735-silent-loud.html)

pullmytrigger 01-03-2004 04:51 PM

Leave it on.....
Ive had it on two of the three boats Ive owned, really slick for warming the boat up or no wake zones.....wouldnt be without it......I guess if I lived on the ocean where there was little or no idling just open water running then maybe I might not have it......doug

pullmytrigger 01-03-2004 05:05 PM

you can have fun with it too......
was going through a lock one time and when the lock doors opened this old guy in a houseboat was first boat out and wasnt even on deck, he was still inside.......so he finally comes out and is taking his sweet time with the lines, holding everybody up........
I was getting a little tired of this so I reached down and opened the exhaust on the Donzi's 502s right in the lock!!....with all that cement around......VERY LOUD....
The old guy immediately starts rushing around like crazy and ends up on his azz and almost falls in....everybody laughs their heads off.......was funny.....doug :D ;)

FWK 01-03-2004 07:00 PM

Though i voted for loud I run full time mufflers at loto and with my wife in the boat. It is not worth being stopped for.or *****ed at cause the boat is to loud. It does have something to do with wher the exhaust exit on my boat also. I it comes out over the rub rail.When my son and I take the boat out on the river I take the mufflers out. I have to agree with that paint job you will attract more than enough attentio. Some of it unwanted. I would also keep them unless you are changing exhaust I would still have some type of muffler system. Beautiful boat congrats

105mph_38_2003 01-03-2004 07:10 PM

Loud is nice early in the day....But after a few hours sometimes your ears need a rest, or your passengers ears:cool: :rolleyes:

I'd say keep it:)

ragtop409 01-04-2004 10:13 PM

got no damn silent choice here Rag's

open87 01-04-2004 10:16 PM

dry and loud all the way, earplugs for those other occasions:D ;)

R Addiction 01-04-2004 10:24 PM

Originally posted by twinn29
you can have fun with it too......
was going through a lock one time and when the lock doors opened this old guy in a houseboat was first boat out and wasnt even on deck, he was still inside.......so he finally comes out and is taking his sweet time with the lines, holding everybody up........
I was getting a little tired of this so I reached down and opened the exhaust on the Donzi's 502s right in the lock!!....with all that cement around......VERY LOUD....
The old guy immediately starts rushing around like crazy and ends up on his azz and almost falls in....everybody laughs their heads off.......was funny.....doug :D ;)

I don't see the humor!!! I guess you would have pissed your pants laughing if he fell in and got hurt. I guess you don't have parents, because you obviuosly don't have any respect for others. Think about it, if something like this happened to one of your parents!!! People like you make me sick!! Do us afavor Don't Have Kids!! And stay in Canada!! :mad:

stecz20 01-05-2004 02:02 AM

keep um. nice to have for start up in the morning, and in the no wake zones.

NJgr8ful 01-05-2004 02:54 AM

LOUD=41 :D
SILENT=33 :(

:D LOUD is louder lol!

Cord 01-05-2004 02:23 PM

If the new motor will support the silent choice with out reversion, then I'd keep it. I gotta admit, silent can be nice.