Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Way OT: Need advise on helping a friend with some family drug problems. >

Way OT: Need advise on helping a friend with some family drug problems.

Notices

Way OT: Need advise on helping a friend with some family drug problems.

Old 01-03-2004, 08:54 PM
TUGBOAT

If it was my dad , I would help him. Has he always been
like this? Do not turn your back on the one's you love.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS !!!

Old 01-04-2004, 07:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thrillseeker,
Time to get on with your life. As long as you keep doing what you have done in the past, this problem will keep recurring. Dont know the specifs if your mom and dad own a house or rent but public assitance is available. Your dad MUST hit rock bottom and realize he has a problem. I would suggest to move away as far as possible taking your mom and sis with you if you can.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cig1988, this is happening to a friend not me.

Thanks for all the advise guys! I am debating on weather or not to let him read this thread. He went way out on a limb just by telling me about this problem, he probably wont be too happy about me posting it on a public forum

After reading all of this, I think this dudes only way out is going to be for his family to just drop him. He has been at it for years, and I mean YEARS, the last time this came up he was stealing $$ from his daughter but she was too affraid to tell anyone. I think they have already had an intervention, and he has agreed to rehab, but only becase his wife told him that it was his only way of staying, from his sons description he doesnt really seem to want to quit.

As for the rest of the family his sis is off at college basically supporting herself, and his mom has a job, but doent make nearly enough $$ to cover thier huge bills aquired after a lifetime of his father fuc*king up

Thanks again for all of the advise guys, I really feel bad for posting this on a boating forum, but I really want to help my friend and his family.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you should let him read this ....you are only thinking of his best interst...alot of good info here...and alot of people who care. as far as posting this here on OSO if you couldn't post things such as this this place would SUCK. but you can and it doesn't that's what makes OSO the best.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Allan4

Originally posted by Mark Mathews
Let him read it. You've done him a favor and you've done it so he and his family are anonymous.

If I had a situation like this, I'd wish that one of my friends would take the initiative as you have.

Good luck.
Good words Mark, very true.

Good luck Thrill, what a terrible situation your freind is in. As has everyone else, I have seen what drugs can and will do to peoples lives. Truly sad indeed.

Way to be a good freind, Thrill.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, let him read it. No names were mentioned on your friends behalf. Any former drug addict will tell you the same thing. "gotta hit rock bottom" to realize what you have lost.