If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ
    I used to do the same with my first boat, and mine was worse. 17' Steury with an Evinrude 100. Got it for free, and quickly learned why there is no such thing as a "Free" boat.
    Oddly enough, after fixing everything on it, painting it in my garage, and getting it on the water the first time, not a single thing ever went wrong with that boat again.
    In 2+ seasons, I never put anything but gas and oil into it, and I beat the living crap out of it.
    Sold it to a buddy, who promptly ripped the skeg off the outboard on his maiden voyage.

My Boats:
    1998 Powerplay 25
    Miami, FL
    Damn man.. You had that thing trimmed out too.. Were you trying to rooster with a Force

My Boats:
    1994 36 Apache
    Northeast MD
    Originally posted by MrOffshore
    You gotta start somewhere...look where you are now...hanging with the men of OSO.

Besides, don't be too embaressed, you're running the piss out of that Bayliner!
    Mr Offshore, please dont mention the word men in front of R addiction, he is rather fond of them He is not bad on a stick[s] though

Platinum Member Platinum Member mcollinstn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 F311SR1
    no comment, I'm speechless.

Surely you could have bought an old Astroglass bassboat for the same money as the Bayliner.

At least you know the depths of your initial misguidance, and have matured nicely.
    I see London, I see France...

Registered Platinum Member THEJOKER's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
    Lake Lanier - N. Georgia

Thumbs up

I bought my 1st boat in 1984 in the Atlanta Boat Show - a Mastercraft w/ a 351 Ford (still got it). For some unknown reason I decided I needed a bigger boat and bought a 1997 Caravelle (in 1997) 23 ft w a 454 / 7.4 Man I thought I ruled the water ways in that thing. It would run 63 mph and I had no idea what I was doing. If I had all the money back I've spent on high performance boats since then I could retire in luxury ! BH

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    I like the roll bar Hey, run what ya brung. if it wern't for that boat you would not know what quality rigging looks like. Those arn't junk and you get what you pay for but they do lack a little in quality. But hey, you were out there, right?

Member #154 Platinum Member Indy's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Missing my PowerPlay
    SW CT & Long Island Sound
    Hey...whatever gets you out there. People like me are sitting on the beach waiting to get the next boat, while the Bayliner crew is on the water having fun. I'd take a frickin rowboat at this point.

Boston, Ma
    my first boat was a 12' seaway with a 15 evinrude. couldn't go very far but who cares at 16..... Just being out there is the important thing. Although , bayliners really do suck...

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    Indy, I have a 14' row boat with a 9.9 Merc if your interested!!! Trailer included!!

Hey, brought it up!
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

My Boats:
    33'6 Formula
    Williamsburg, VA

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast