Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Look....but don't laugh!!.... To Hard (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67786-look-but-dont-laugh-hard.html)

MitchStellin 01-04-2004 02:17 AM

Carver also, my dad always said you never own another carver. Remember the green vinyl plywood deck and the 28s with one 350 and alfa drive?

Comanche3Six 01-04-2004 07:13 AM

How did you get a picture of Mach 5 with a swinging load, racing and whoopin all those 41 Apaches?

R Addiction 01-04-2004 07:22 AM

I beat the balls out of that boat for 9 years!! It got me out there is right , and it got me away from my crazy EX wife. She hated the water!!

Hey Warpaint, I had some pics I got last night that might interest you.....but after that comment.....I'll keep them for myself!! Hint....."D Cup"!!

This boat made the trip to Red Eyes dock bar,(approx 60 miles each way) many times!! The guy that painted Warpaints Apatchme had painted the engine hood to resemble a 10-71 blower with enderle fuel injection!! Looked great!!! Can't seem to find a shot of that!!:(

We all have to start some where and at 1/4 of what I'm...Oooops....My Wife is paying now for our AT...It was what I could afford at the time. Now look where it has gotten me, into a sport/hobby that I love to do!!

Ina few more years maybe a 37 straight V AT is in my future!!!:eureka:

R Addiction 01-04-2004 07:26 AM

Originally posted by CigaretteFirefox
How did you get a picture of Mach 5 with a swinging load, racing and whoopin all those 41 Apaches?
A low flyin'"Apache" Helicopter was used to get these shots. (Only copter that could keep up with me);)

They said I was crazy for not wearing a PFD, but I never got thrown out of this rocket!!! A 28 Apache ....now that's another story!!;)

RollWithIt 01-04-2004 07:59 AM

Hey R Addiction, dont feel bad. Ok, I'll admit it. My first boat was/is a bayliner. For some reason I cant get rid of the damn thing. Noway near as nice as the baja but I tell ya what. I had alot of fun in that thing. I even used it this year when the baja was getting stuff done on it. Its a good entry boat, dont really care if it gets banged up a little. The best was when I got a new motor in it. Yup, failed to winterize properly and cracked the block. So I put a performance 350 in it. 300 plus horse. With a 19 pitch prop that thing will slam you into the back seat if I jump on it. It was fun when I did that to my brother. :D Its a solid mid 50's gps boat. Not bad for an old bayliner.

open87 01-04-2004 08:02 AM

my first big boat was a 20 ft galaxy with a 200 clamp on:crazy: :D :D :rolleyes: :D

blue thunder 01-04-2004 08:30 AM

Ahh, the capri model bayliner. Nothin likem. ;) Man your friggin crazy R, taking that thing to redeyes. Water gets pretty tall sometimes below Pooles island. I used to take my 18' Thompson, first boat I owned by the way, to Lloyds creek but that was even an adventure. I wonder if we ever raced each other back in the day :) :) My little thompson had a small block in it with thru hull exhaust, man I was the chit. Stood that sucker straight up on it's transom in front of Jackson Marine one day, ended up in the back seat with a load of poo in my drawers and decided to get a cruiser.

MnFastBoat 01-04-2004 08:37 AM

I am sure you will find several people on here that have had not so good of choices of boats through thier lives.

I too had a couple Bayliners :(
one was a 16' with a 75 ob and the last POS was the 19' Cobra with a 125 Force
That thing rattled and rolled more then the water did.
But then I graduated and had a Searay, Cobalt, a couple Jet boats, one V-drive, a PWC and then my current Cat.
Just as long as you grow into something bigger and better adn not fall BACK to something as a Bayliner, things are fine :)

Clay Washington 01-04-2004 08:45 AM

In my humble opinion, Bayliner is a good "first boat".

My first boat was a 13-foot, all-aluminum Feathercraft. It had a wornout 50hp Merc OB. It was small, but we could water ski behind it.

My second boat was a 16-foot, fiberglass, closed-bow, purple, Sidewinder (out of California). It had a 90hp Merc OB.

I owned boat boats while I was in college (University of Tennessee). I always dreamed of having an opened-bow, walk-thru windshield, Inboard/Outboard boat that would fly. I guess I got my wish! :cool:

R Addiction 01-04-2004 09:38 AM

Clay, I just looked at your pics, how does it run with the whipple? Nice install.

And God Bless Texas!!!;)