Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Boat Show OSO Meeting? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67851-miami-boat-show-oso-meeting.html)

Cash Bar 01-13-2004 09:39 PM

Already here, but I will leave a light on for everyone.

Gary, no problem. Look forward to meeting you in Feb.

Greg

WetKitty42 01-13-2004 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally posted by cigarette1
Greg, sorry for not calling. I had a full schedule. Great Miami weather :rolleyes:

So, what's it going to be? Haven't heard any more about an OSO gathering. What about meeting at Monty's in the afternoon on Friday ... that gives plenty of time to make the FPC party in the evening.

Whatever the case ..... I'm boating in to Monty's sometime after 12:00-1:00 pm ... anyone else boating that Friday?

G

I'll be there Friday for lunch with the Tiger. Hopfully we will have some good weather. I'm gonna need some help finding Monty's by Water. I never boated in Florida before.

Cash Bar,

You coming?

Fred

Cash Bar 01-13-2004 10:43 PM

I'll be there, maybe land-bound though. I think a room in SoBe for the weekend.
A Good friend is managing partner of CroBar so I'm sure that will be my weekend late-night spot.
You can't miss Monty's, no prob.

Touch base before you get to town.

Greg

WetKitty42 01-13-2004 10:47 PM

Will do...

Talk to you in a couple of weeks

Jamie B. 01-14-2004 01:19 PM

What about meeting at Monty's in the afternoon on Friday ... that gives plenty of time to make the FPC party in the evening.
That sounds like a good plan. Hope it can play out like that.

DoTheMath 01-14-2004 01:48 PM

Originally posted by RollWithIt
Hey Chris. Why reserve a room. Thats what gilrs are for. Just hook up with them and stay the night. Leave in the morning before they wake up and ask for money towards the bill. :D :D
Crap... never thought of that:D

We'll be in town Thurs at 9:30am., bacon, eggs and bloody marys anyone?;)

lucky strike 01-15-2004 06:19 PM

What time does the party start @ Monty's on Friday night? Are we all going to have name tags? Haha!

LS JR. :cool:

thedonz 01-15-2004 06:29 PM

Originally posted by WetKitty42
I'll be there Friday for lunch with the Tiger. Hopfully we will have some good weather. I'm gonna need some help finding Monty's by Water. I never boated in Florida before.

Cash Bar,

You coming?

Fred

Fred,

can't miss it...come in Government Cut, first opening on right, the Miami Beach marina is right there....Monty's docks are at the end straight from the entrance to the marina....

Frank

thedonz 01-15-2004 06:36 PM

Fred,

Yes, the boat will be there. It depends on the logistics ... where to dock ... can I leave it in SoBe overnight ... how far is Spinnaker from Monty's ... I would love to boat in and maybe give some people a short ride in Biscayne Bay .... you know, just screw around a bit. I'm staying until Tue evening, that way I can get some real boating in while I'm down there.

As a matter of fact, I am flying in tomorrow morning to take delivery and boat around for the weekend.

As far as the drool ..... I feel sorry for the guy who will be standing behind you :D

G

Gary, Spinnaker is about 10-15 minute ride (outside) from Monty's. If you go via bay it takes longer because of the no wake zones. (Probably 30 min.) I live in Keystone point where Spinnaker is located. I have a dock at my house that you are welcome to use and leave your boat if you can't find anything. Course, I would like to be right behind Fred and catching his drool on one of your boat rides. Let me know if you need any additional info about getting around locally.

Frank

cigarette1 01-15-2004 06:59 PM

Originally posted by thedonz
Gary, Spinnaker is about 10-15 minute ride (outside) from Monty's. If you go via bay it takes longer because of the no wake zones. (Probably 30 min.) I live in Keystone point where Spinnaker is located. I have a dock at my house that you are welcome to use and leave your boat if you can't find anything. Course, I would like to be right behind Fred and catching his drool on one of your boat rides. Let me know if you need any additional info about getting around locally.

Frank

Frank,

I really appreciate the offer to use your dock. My boat is still with Phil at Lip-ship and I'll prolly tie-up there if I don't have access to a spot in SoBe. I've already resigned to the fact that I'll be giving plenty of rides over the weekend and you are more than welcome to find a spot. I'll have quite a few of my Cali Boyz out(and the wife & niece), so you can imagine how busy I'll be. I don't think I'll be seeing much of the show .. ha ha.

We'll keep in touch via this thread for now until we know more of how the weekend will unfold.

I was in the area last weekend and managed to learn the way around. I ran to Monty's on the outside and back up on the inside.

G