Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT,  Natural Pearls, any info on them?? >

OT, Natural Pearls, any info on them??

Notices

OT, Natural Pearls, any info on them??

Old 01-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to shuck oysters at a restaurant, we would find oysters on occasion. I used to have a medicine bottle full of them. The were usually small and irregular in shape.

Once, my roomate who worked day shift at Red Lobster, opened an oyster from the front and inserted one of those white balls you find where cooks hang thier tickets, into the oyster. I was working that night when the dishwasher who was on oyster duty found it. The managers were all excited and taking it out to show customers. The guy that found it was taking it to the jewlers the next day. I came home that night and was telling Buddy about it. He just looked at me with a sh!t eatin' grin and told me the story of what he had done that day.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats funny Cuda
Old 01-05-2004, 04:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't any of you guys been to Epcot in GoofyWorld ... visited the entire AROUND the world in like a couple of hours ((and get 10 different kind of stomache aches along the way sampling food )) Well there in Tokyo ((I think)) you can purchase those 'cultured' pearls for @$7 and you are gauranteed a real pearl shucked out of each oyster ... the kids love it! Each one is measured for size MM and color. Black ones are rare, as someone else said, but if you hang long enuf somone will pull a nice size blacky. Prolly worth about the $7 or $8 you spent LOL! But its the excitement for the kids that counts

27,,, Just a few more years and a bunch more oysters and you'll be able to make a pair of earings for her