Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who else is sick of the stupid Snoop Dog Nokia commercials?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67896-who-else-sick-stupid-snoop-dog-nokia-commercials.html)

Reed Jensen 01-05-2004 10:32 AM

Yeah,,,, I agree.... why is it advertisers are now pandering to the lowest common denominator? I can remember when Calvin Broadis (aka Snoop Dog ) had achieved a certain amount of money and fame early in his career ( if you can call his act a career) and yet he had to go to the Palms area of Los Angeles and do a drive by shooting with some of his posse. Lucky for him he could afford high priced council to get him off the charge. I guess you can take the boy out of the ghetto.... but you can't take the ghetto out of the boy. And yet he is now embraced by corporate America as a spokesman! GO FIGURE!

Waterfoul 01-05-2004 04:07 PM

bajabob38......

Bite me :D

CAP071 01-05-2004 04:21 PM

NO comment :hothead:

X-Rated30 01-05-2004 05:28 PM

Originally posted by bajabob38
No worse then watching USC beat up on Michigan :p
You mean no worse than listening to USC fans whining about how they are as good as LSU. (or OU for that matter.:rolleyes: )
GEAUX TIGERS!!!

In any case, I think all of you are off base. The '70s generation made role models of heroin addicts (Lennon) and homosexuals (Jagger and Bowie). Art has been defined as the creation of beautiful or thought-provoking works, for example, in painting, music, or writing. Artists have always come from a different part of society. Otherwise the works they produce wouldn't make anyone think -- everyone would already have a similar outlook. Re-read the negative comments above and see if the tone (not the content) sounds like something your parents used to say about the music you listened to:

Originally posted by cigarette1's parents
Mainstream Americas fascination with "Drug culture" ... I don't get it :confused:

Originally posted by yellowbird's parents
You know we all want are kidds to grow like Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie and Janis Joplin, right?. Oh , poor Janis overdosed. Gee.
A lot of kids today don't even know who they are . they were tie dyed rags for clothes, love beads with peace symbols, afros, when they talk, you can't understand them,they drive VW buses with flowers painted all over them with The Beatles blairing out of them. What a joke.

What great roll models for young America.Mick Jagger and David Bowie.:crazy:

I rather my kids act and dress like Donnie Osmond.
:crazy: :crazy:

Originally posted by Reed Jensen's parents
Yeah,,,, I agree.... why is it advertisers are now pandering to the lowest common denominator? I can remember when Rob Halford (lead singer of Judas Priest) had achieved a certain amount of money and fame early in his career ( if you can call his act a career) and yet he had to go put subliminal messages in the 1978 song "Better By You Better Than Me" and caused two teenagers to commit suicide. Lucky for him he could afford high priced council to get him off the charge. I guess you can take the boy out of the satanists.... but you can't take satan out of the boy. And yet he is now embraced by Burger King as a spokesman! GO FIGURE!
(P.S.: No offense to anyone. Cig1 -- I don't know your situation with your son, I hope he is o.k. Too Old -- I would assume you didn't pick Judas Priest for your jingle.)

VinMan 01-06-2004 07:19 AM

Maybe back in the 70's and 80's , product endorsers werent angels, but todays society thrives on violence, thats the biggest difference. Violence is everywhere, when one of these so called "idols" does something wrong its made to look "cool". A lowlife like Puff Daddy is a good guy because he has money and a clothing line. And so I dont sound like a racist, the biggest piece of sh** out there is Eminem, a white trash piece of crap that beats his wife and advocates killing cops , but he is an "artist". so thats is ok. :confused:
Maybe some of us are sounding like our parents, I guess thats because we dont want our kids idolizing and turning out like these scumbags. :hothead: :hothead:

cuda 01-06-2004 07:28 AM

Originally posted by VinMan
Plain and simple, society has gone straight to hell.
:( :hothead:

And it all started with that damn designated hitter rule!:confused:

Formula Outlaw 01-06-2004 07:38 AM

Originally posted by VinMan
Problem is , the media, news ,MTV, etc, etc... makes all these lowlife scumbags heros and idols. Drugs and violence are in!! Thats the message out there. And its not just kids. "Grown" adults idolize those a**holes also. Hell, a basketball player thats beats his wife or rapes someone is cheered on the court. WTF??? Plain and simple, society has gone straight to hell.
:( :hothead:

It also started when they took "corporal punishment" out of the schools. It started when parents could no longer spank their children. And to quote Bruce Willis in "the Last Boy Scout", "you want me to scream, play me some rap music". That's why they put mute buttons on remotes.

cuda 01-06-2004 08:02 AM

Originally posted by Formula Outlaw
It also started when they took "corporal punishment" out of the schools. It started when parents could no longer spank their children.
Actually, I agree with this 100%. If you don't think corporal punishment is a deterent, you never had to go to Mr Walter's office.:eek:

Red Stripe 01-06-2004 08:11 AM

I've never seen the comercial.

Just turn off the TV, there are better things to do anyway.

Risk Taker 01-06-2004 08:34 AM

Originally posted by Ange
Not to mention the AOL commercial he's in too. I just don't get it.
Yeah....what is a "minizell" anyway:confused::confused: