Notices

01 35 Nordic Flame - at Auction

Old 01-07-2004, 04:35 PM
JKK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 35 Nordic Flame - at Auction

01 35 Nordic Flame - at Auction

Hey guys, going to a auto dealer auction (I have a dealers license and it is a hobby) Anyway they just happen to have a boat this time. It is a 35 Nordic Flame. Hull and deck looks really good, it is on a trailer which is very nice. It was stolen and the cabin has been cut up a little to remove the appliances and accessories. Most of the fiberglass pieces are still there, so the cabin should be an easy fix. The cockpit has been totally removed, I mean totally, they even cut away and took the front dash pod, so there is no gauges, or even a place to mount any. This should not be to bad, because it looks like it is a seperate piece and you may be able to order it from Nordic. Some other area of the interior have been cut to remove hardware, but most pieces have been left and probably can be glasssed back together. The engine compartment looks fine, no engines or drives, engine hatch is there and I think it must have had bigger power because it is a raised style hatch. Probably will go for in the low 20K's at the auction, I do not want it, so I thought I would give all you boat lovers a shot at it. I will be going to the auction, we just have to work out something if you are interested. Write me back and let me know.

JK

Pics to follow. Auction January 13th. Remember I am no boat expert, so my analysis may be off, I will though garuantee it is not better then I described. LOL
It does look pretty good on the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails 01 35 Nordic Flame - at Auction-165396b.jpg  
Old 01-07-2004, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's my old Boat.

Insurance company cashed me out. Boat could not be repaired at a reasonalble cost. Last estimate I saw was 85,000.00 to repair. There is more damage to the Boat than you think.
Old 01-07-2004, 04:50 PM
OPA
Registered

AT WHAT AUCTION?
Old 01-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought it sold for $12.5K at the auction in Flint last month.
Old 01-07-2004, 05:57 PM
JKK
Registered

It did not sell for that price, still at auction, insider info says the insurance company needs 20ish to sell.

85K with big power reinstalled maybe, but not to put it back together without power. I have been through the boat and the hull and deck are perfect, the cabin isn't really that bad and the cockpit front looks as if it is a seperate molded piece not part of a total cockpit insert. Actually I do not think Nordic uses are real molded cockpit insert in this boat. That being said, it is no rookie job either, will most likely take the help of a professional.

But hey, I just put it out here in case someone felt like a winter project.

Wouldn't mind getting the total story from the original owner...start talking!!!LOL

JK
Old 01-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what do you want to know.

Boat was in very good condition when stolen, Full monster gauges ( 22 ) to be exact, full IMCO drive upgrades, Steering, CMI Tails, You name it the boat had everthing you could ask for. That's the reason the estimated cost of repairs was so high.

You are right, outside of hull is in good condition very little damage. No damage to trailer, but trailer is under sized for boat.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:49 PM
jeff bratton

JKK- Please call 270 442 1777 or email [email protected]

Old 01-07-2004, 11:24 PM
JKK
Registered

Here is the main piece you will need to complete this boat as original, the dash (in black). As you see it inserts into the entire front of boat cockpit, but is a seperate unit. Here it is, a 35 Flame being assembled.

It has mostly been cut away on the auction boat.

JKK
Attached Thumbnails 01 35 Nordic Flame - at Auction-nrd34dsh.jpg