Question regarding wireless routers >

Question regarding wireless routers

Notices

Question regarding wireless routers

Old 01-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question regarding wireless routers

I install a wireless router in our house. Ever since, I can not log onto my bank account. Is this due to something with the router? Is there a setup change I need to make to allow access to those sites? What is confusing is that I can log onto Paypal and other secure sites. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by mpally; 01-07-2004 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

XP ??

If so go to connections right click and open properties on your wireless connection go to advanced and see if the firewall is turned off if not turn it off and try again.

The Router will act like a firewall (outside connections see it, not your computer). There are other possible problems but this is a good start.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Registered

I tried that and it didn't help. Any other ideas. I can get into my other bank accounts, so I am wondering if it is a problem with the bank's website. If one worked, so all of them work?
Old 01-06-2004, 09:48 PM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Just give me the account # and password I'll give it a try

I would guess that you are right about them having trouble. They should have a Tech help # that will help you out with problems they are having or a Password reset.

If all other web sites are working and other secure sites work I would not change any other settings until you call them.

Since you are now wireless if you travel a lot I would download an automatic wireless sniffer to check for connections outside of your area. XP has a utility that will do this but found BOINGO to work very well and it's a free program that you can turn on and off with no side effects.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Registered

Scott, tell me more about this sniffer. Do I just go to the website and download the software? Are there any problems with doing this?
Old 01-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Fightclub

Default Router

Scott,

what mfg did you install? if its Linksys they have a great online support and can help you out. I had the same problem and they fixed mine.

http://www.linksys.com

Old 01-07-2004, 09:27 PM
Registered

I was the one with the problems, not Scott. And yes it is a Linksys router. I will give them a call after I find out if it is on my end or on the bank's end. I would hate to waste their time if it is the bank's problem. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I have a related question. I ran Zone Alarm with my wireless router. Ive been told I dont need it but I do get alerts from zone Alam program when it blocks access to my computer (laptop). What gives?

Old 01-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Registered

If your using IE6, click tools, then internet options, then secuity tab, then trusted sites and add your banks url to the trusted sites list.

Warren
Old 01-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Registered

BTW, I am running XP.

Quick Reply: Question regarding wireless routers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.