Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smith Mountain Lake noise regulation? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67930-smith-mountain-lake-noise-regulation.html)

LETHAL WEAPON 03-09-2004 08:29 PM

I TALKED TO THE GUY IN CHARGE OF THE RUN THIS YEAR,I JUST CANNOT REMEMBER HIS NAME RIGHT NOW.I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE NOISE ISSUE,AS I AM RUNNING 2000HP THROUGH STRAIGHT HEADERS.HE ASSURED ME THAT WE WILL NOT BE BOTHERED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR NOISE VIOLATIONS,BECAUSE OF THE PROCEEDS GOING TO HELP DIFFERENT AREAS OF THE COMMUNITY.JUST WATCH THE DRINKING.LAST YEAR WAS ROUGH IN THE RAIN, BUT WE WILL TRY AGAIN THIS YEAR. HOPE FOR THE BEST.

LATER,

HOWARD

rbtnt 03-09-2004 08:37 PM

Thanks for the update. I'll pack the mufflers just in case I need to slide them on.

Spectre Man 03-09-2004 08:46 PM

Originally posted by 27Fountain
Rbtnt, yea for the baffles just buy a pair or two of the rubber flaps, for your exhaust Oh and you do need water coming through it or they will harass you.

James,
I feel a great summer coming on, I am ordering a MOMO wheel like yours for this summer, got to have it.

As for the OSO preparty yes it is on rain, shine or snow:p I may try to do a Marti Gras theme for the OSO party, and kick off the weekend with a Hurricane:crazy: I will be there from Noon on. If any new OSO ers need directions we are at marker B-23 on Blackwater river.

Oh and some of you have pics of years past please post them!!!

Kick summer off

WILL:p

Will - Do we know each other. My name is Phil and I live in Winding Waters just past the -S- turn on the Roanoke River side. Obviously, I am the one with the 36' Spectre w/675 KEs. I generally hang with Mark from Shoreline and Doug Irvin (34' DCB w/800 Teagues). Are you up by Magnum Marine with Tim (30' Eliminator w/1000hp Magic Wrench engines) and Johnny?

clearcut3 03-09-2004 08:59 PM

Will

We will be bringing a group of drunks up to hang out:p ;) ...we have 3 bdr. @ Bernards for the weekend. We are going to try and leave early enough to come to your party on Friday...hated to miss it last year.

Question for you: Where can we get a map of the lake before we come (or when we get there) so we can locate your house by water. Our map from last year didn't quite weather the storm if ya know what I mean :p

I remember locating your house last year when we went by on Saturday but not positive I remember where it is. Look forward to coming up...and hoping the weather is good this year.:)

Spectre Man 03-10-2004 07:57 AM

At Bridgewater Plaza go to the top deck in the front where the parking lot is, then go to the Chamber of Commerce. They have maps.

clearcut3 03-10-2004 08:55 AM

Thanks Spectre Man!!

SHORELINE MARINA 03-10-2004 09:29 AM

SMITH MOUNTAIN LAKE POKER RUN (NOISE)

HEY GUY'S THE WORD IN OFFICIAL! THE SLMBA HAS CONTACTED TO GOVERNING AGENCY AND THERE WILL BE NO RESTRICTIONS DURING THE POKER RUN! AND MY CRYSTAL BALL SAYS GREAT WEATHER AND LOTS OF SUN! WE AT SHORELINE MARINA ,YOUR PLATINUM SPONSOR WOULD LOVE TO SEE TOUR BOATS HERE ON SML! ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL BRANDT GAWOR @ 540-537-4292. WORD HAS IT ONLY 20 SPACES LEFT!

BAJA WILL 03-10-2004 12:47 PM

:p

Howard,
I would love for you to come by I haven't seen you since two PRs back at Lake Murray.

Phil,
We have meet briefly, at bridgewater torwards the end of the summer, I was in my friends 21 Checkmate, we were leaving and i helped you dock. Also I do know Tim and Johnny very well, I was out with Johnny past two weekends.

Clearcut,
You missed my party,:eek: Its a little less organized, it started three PRs back just as a place for OSOers to meet before the PR but has grown into allot of fun. Actually it has doubled every year, with that said bring bumpers so you can tie up.

As for maps, if they are free I will stop in there and grab a few and mail them to you if you like, that goes for anyone.

WILL:p

clearcut3 03-10-2004 12:53 PM

Will

If you happen to pick one of those maps up PM me and I will give you an address to mail it to. I will be coming up with Howard and a few other people so then we will know how to get to your house.

Can't wait. Thanks for the help!!

Michael

SML-POKERRUN 04-16-2004 11:42 AM

HEY POKER RUN FRIENDS,
Brandt Gawor here, chairman for this years event. The planning is going great and sponsorship is up 40% from last year!!!
This year we are having a DVD video produced, our 1st official program, 50/50 raffle, free coffee and donuts on Sat. morning, Hooters girls, and more. This is a year of firsts. We also have new slips this year for you to be all together instead of having 25 or so at the gas docks.
ONLY 10 SPOTS OPEN.
Call for registration info 540-537-4292.
Post questions / comments, or call me.
Thanks for your support, BG. :cool: