Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/67967-theres-police-car-behind-you-road-what-do-you-do.html)

Comanche3Six 01-06-2004 04:11 PM

If I see they have the Cigarette sticker with the #1 in the center, I let them go as fast as they want without pursuit.

45sonic 01-06-2004 04:28 PM

Originally posted by insptech
That's easy, throw out the beer bottle and gas it!

:D ;)

I'll drink to that :D:D:D

(Just kidding)

aero-offshore 01-06-2004 04:55 PM

Hey Mike, I was pulled over on a four lane road in the left lane, doing the speed limit everything was up to date, He gave me a ticket for driving in the passing lane! Next day I saw a state trooper following a car on 31 in the passing lane, never pulled him over and there was no traffic, don't get it, should be equallity a little consistency ,sends people the wrong message, thats why were gun shy.

Waterfoul 01-06-2004 05:43 PM

Hey aero, good to hear from you. Haven't seen you on the board in a while. I think I would have fought that ticket.

masi242 01-06-2004 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Foul, Did the car look like this?

Waterfoul 01-06-2004 08:21 PM

You know it masi!!! LOL!!!

How did you get a picture of Troutly's car??

mcollinstn 01-06-2004 09:50 PM

I've been tailgated before. I never felt that I was being instigated to go faster. I never thought that speeding up until he stopped tailgating me would be useful. That's ludicrous.

IfI'm being tailgated, I'll decide if the guy wants to get somewhere in a hurry or if he is a distracted or immature driver. If I decide the guy just wants to go faster then me, I will try to give him room to pass at the first wide section, etc. If I decide they are just immature, I will tap the brake lights and if they get all crappy about it, I'll pull over and slow so they can go on.

If I'm in a rowdy mood, I may indeed play with them but its sure not becaure they are "instigating" me to go faster.

Griff 01-06-2004 09:58 PM

Re: There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do??

Originally posted by Waterfoul

So, all you cops out there, do you routinely run plates of the cars you are behind???

Yes. Takes about 6 key strokes on the computer, and 10-20 seconds to get the info.

Could be another vehicle similar to yours that is stolen, involved in a crime, or owned by a wanted person.

ChrisK 01-07-2004 01:04 PM

Originally posted by mcollinstn
I've been tailgated before. I never felt that I was being instigated to go faster. I never thought that speeding up until he stopped tailgating me would be useful. That's ludicrous.

IfI'm being tailgated, I'll decide if the guy wants to get somewhere in a hurry or if he is a distracted or immature driver. If I decide the guy just wants to go faster then me, I will try to give him room to pass at the first wide section, etc. If I decide they are just immature, I will tap the brake lights and if they get all crappy about it, I'll pull over and slow so they can go on.

If I'm in a rowdy mood, I may indeed play with them but its sure not becaure they are "instigating" me to go faster.

I do the same thing... I slow down also. I had that happen to me about a week ago on I4 comming back from Tampa. I was cruising down the road a bit over the speed limit, and I could see a guy weaving in and out of traffic, flashing his highs at people to get them to move over. He was in this little POS car, well sure enough he gets behind me in the left lane, and starts flashing his lights at me to move over. The traffic is fairly heavy, and there is no place for me ot move over ANYWAY, and it would only get him about 1 car leangh farther up as there is about 20-30 more cars in front of me... So what do I do? I slow down and pace the car next to me... hehe.. I figure I am in a 2500HD, and he is in a little honda. I would win in any situation.

Tim G. 01-07-2004 01:15 PM

Originally posted by ChrisK
[me... So what do I do? I slow down and pace the car next to me... hehe.. I figure I am in a 2500HD, and he is in a little honda. I would win in any situation. [/B]
Lets just say I know a guy that had someone slow down and pace in front of him, just to piss him off.
The "pacer" hadn't moved over in about 15 minutes and always kept a position that prevented passing.
Well it was time for him to go....
A little tap from behind got his attention, but didn't get him to move. So a throttle to the stop bump, and push moved his toyota pickup ahead, and off to the inside shoulder...:eek: That was the end of that...:D