Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do?? >

There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do??

Notices

There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do??

Old 01-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lotoparty
i had a cop tailgate me @65 mph coming back from the lake a couple of years ago for at least 10 minutes.
he wasnt just close but REAL close. all the while he is weaving side to side. i asked a guy i work with about it that used to be a cop and he said cops will do this to get you to weave also therefore a reason to stop you.
my question is , if i had slammed on my brakes and he rear ended me who would be at fault? not that i would ever do that.........
I have been wondering also...
Old 01-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All my friends get a big laugh at the last traffic ticket I received..... I was stopped for not coming to a full stop at the stop sign by the rangers station in Griffith park.

The best part???? I was on my bicycle! Cost me $55.00

Man... I was pissed off !
Old 01-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Lieutenant of mine that I worked with in a Bronx N.Y. Firehouse was driving to Florida in his Mercedes convertible along with his wife. He was really speeding when he got to the Florida border the speed limit changed and a trooper promptly pulled them over. This guy had the tight pants , the tall boots and and the usual tough demeanor of a highway cop. The guy say's "hello officer" the officer replies"I've been waiting all day for you" my boss replies "Sorry officer, I got here as fast as I could" The officer smirks goes back to his car and runs this guy's plate. A few minutes the officer goes back to my friend and says " I was really going to stick it to you good, but you really made me laugh, slow it down a little" I guess a little polite humor can sometimes be worthwhile. I didn't hear anything about my boss tinning the cop with his badge. I just had to share this with you guys. BBB
Old 01-11-2004, 03:19 PM

That was a good one, but I'm not sure I'm daring enough to try it
Old 01-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Troutly, next time I'm up your way, I promise to be a smart ass if you pull me over.

Old 01-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Registered

Look.. Bottom line.. You are not gonna win. Drive normally making sure you are following the rules. If you do get pulled over, be polite. If the cop wants to be an ahole, then so be it. No matter what being rude or doing anything other than what I have said will get you no where but a ticket and probably even a bigger ticket of you are rude. (How's that for a run on sentence ) These guys are doing a job I would hate to do. Even though it's rewarding I am sure, your life is on the line every single day and at every minute you are at work. As far as I am concerned, that is not for me but you have to give kudos to the guys that do it. I have about as bad a driving record as you can have barring any dui's... But the times I have actually talked my way out of tickets... ALOT !! Be nice... It works
Old 01-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Registered

hey troutly these are vancouver bc cars
Attached Thumbnails There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do??-pg-sp-pt-police.jpg  
Old 01-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Registered

and another
Attached Thumbnails There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do??-pg-sp-vw-beetle-police.jpg  
Old 01-11-2004, 10:03 PM
Registered

and another
Attached Thumbnails There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do??-police_corvette_z06.jpg  
Old 01-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Registered

yup
Attached Thumbnails There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do??-exotic_cruiser.jpg  

Quick Reply: There's a police car behind you on the road, what do you do??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.