If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Boat trailer detachable tongue.

Anyone have any pics of a detachable tongue on a boat trailer? I saw one at the Cincy boat show last year but can't remember what it looked like. My boat will fit in my shop but would be a little easier if the tongue was removable.

Lighthouse Point Fl
    it really is a swing away tongue.. the brake line still runs threw there so it's pinned on one side and the other makes the swing part of it.. which's normally just a bar hing...

Boston, Ma
    Most trailers, even if there not swing away trailers the tongue is removable. Put jack stands under the trailer side frames in the front and unbolt the tongue. If you have surge brakes you will have to disconnect the line from the tank. The whole tongue should slide right out. I'm not to fond on the swing away tongue trailer. To me it seems a little dangerous if the pin ever broke while you were driving. I only have to do it in the winter when I put it in my garage. If you had to do it every time you use the boat then it would be a pain in the a$$.

Charter Member #71 Charter Member DanB's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1993 Cig
    Debary, FL
    I have a trailer with a swing away tongue I had custom made. I'll be selling it in about a week. This salt water down here is killing it. The rust you see is surface..not thru. If interested PM me. Its set up for a 27' boat. 6K# capacity.
    Attached Images Attached Images