Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Good products.

I'd recommend Western Diesel or Edge.

Buck
Old 01-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Bully Dog 2 stage, 75/115, in my 2003 6.0 F-350. The truck hauls ass!!! I have 8000 miles so far and no problems. Fuel milage is the same. I drive it normal and once in a while I'll hammer down for fun. I have read on the dieselstop.com that someone with my set up, chip and exhaust, is doing 14.5 in the 1/4 mile!!!

Mine is not a chip but a "box". 10 min installation.
Old 01-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just nervous about losing the warrantee. What are the cons of having the chip? I realize the pro's.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Brandon go see greg in tulsa he owns a shop performance truck outfitters its on 11th 3 blocks east from memorial you probably know him he has a 28 sunsation on grand quiet a bit sells everything you need his truck has it all he'll let you drive it once you do you will never go back if you need warranty done just take it out.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:00 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

you wont loose warenty with the programmers, when you need to take it in for service just up load the stock set up. Theres a guy down here by me that is running them on his trucks with no trouble. Also look at the banks 6 pack set up for the rig. little more torque and hps out of it, just besure to do the rest like the exhaust and intake to maximize it, if not with the hotter chips you will run too hot of exhaust temp!
Old 01-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Ive got Edge in my 6.0 dually, its actually the third Edge product in different trucks, always performed flawlessly. With a Turbo back DPPI Dual exhaust, Afe pro 7 flter and box, and the Edge with the 2.4 (new Flash) and Attitude on a cold day I turned a 13.987. The Attitude is a adjustable, tells boost, rpms, EGT's, and a backdown stage. You program your alerts for EGTS to say 1350 and boost to 40, and when accelarating if it reaches these perametors it back downs the power as to not destroy your turbo. With the Attitude there is also a fuel as well as a power delivery, 1-5 for both. Edge won the dyno wars, they state that their new module has 115hp in the manual but on level 5 smoke and level 5 power it produced 147hp. HERE IS tHE CATCH.......All these modules are good, some have better electronics on how power is being made, obviously some being safer, the problem is the Torque Shift tranny has a pressuer problem, it can handle about 80 additional hp and shift properly anything over that the tranny will hesitate going through certain gears. Now when towing and there is a load on the back it shifts just fine. They are all working on a tranny fix. All these modules were tested on www.dieselstop.com. Bottom line, use your good judgement, putting it in the highest hp mode and smokin tires is a blast, but these are 8000 trucks, when used properly it makes towing a breeze, and chasing a few Mustangs now and then puts a big on your face as well. One of our sponsers sell the Edge-PMT, Good Luck Jeff.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AS said, you need to watch your exaust temps. I removed the cat and muffler and ran dual pipes straight out the back. Sounds awsome, turns a lot of heads!!Under hard exceleration I don't break 1000 degrees. I have not towed yet with the guage installed so I don't know if temp will be an issue.

If you like to run hard, your tranny is the weakest link, just like your outdrive is on the boat. Drive it right and you won't have any problems.

There has been some debate about the warrenty. I would think it would be voided but can't say for sure.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys.

I am running a 2004/ 2500HD with the Allison 5spd and Duramax. 300 miles total on the truck.

Pure Energy:
The tranny temps are what bother me. What does the stock setup produce in temp, versus with the module installed? I haven't owned a Diesel until now and I don't know whats hot and whats normal.

If you can't pull with the chip/module installed, why have it? I would love to smoke a Mustang now and then, but not at the risk of smoking my Allison. ESPECIALLY if the warrantee is voided.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I "USED TO " sell bully dog....... I had too many probelms with them ! Bought 12 items , sent 12 back ........... The last one on a 6 litre ford. It didn't work right . There answer was " We know we have a problem and are trying to figure it out . should have it cured in a few months " !! And so why are they still selling them !?!?!? Used a bully on a newer dodge and cracked the exhaust manifold ! I tried to warn him !! They just don't listen .........

With the right ones ,you CAN pull with up to around 70hp with NO problems . And it is a BIG difference !! Exhaust temps are normally cooler and fuel mileage is BETTER , >WITH THE RIGHT ONE !< Also the trans will limit HP on the motor if it sees too much strain !

I sell them all . I will recomend using what works the best .If not ,I'll still take your money and sell you a product that does less for you ! I'm doing 2 chevys today . 02 and an 04 . If you would like some straight answers , e-mail me .

Hard on, whatch out for programmers , they run real high egt's and they loose there power in time . They are also very under rated for the power they claim . (I sell them too )

Pure Energy, That thing must sound sick with that exhaust set up ! Any muffler at all ??? WHere did you put they "Y" for the tails ? Where is your exhaust temp sensor ?

There are hundreds of truck dealers that sell and install "chip". Warrenty issues are a very "grey" area ! ON your chevy, Just unplug it in a few seconds and there is no trace . Got run . Good luck with this topic !

Let me know if you have more questions , Joe

Hey Buck, did you make that call ?

Quick Reply: Bully Dog Diesel chips?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.