Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68083-trailers.html)

lonestar382 01-06-2004 05:11 PM

Trailers

I know there have been several threads relating to trailers in the past, but I am wanting to know everyones opinion on an aluminum Load Master trailer??

I am looking at a 33ZX with this trailer underneath, and want to make sure it will handle my chores okay.
I will tow the boat probably 5-6k miles a year minimum, sometimes closer to 10k miles. The trailer will be dunked in freshwater only.

I appreciate your help!!

Lonestar

CustomRigger101 01-06-2004 05:19 PM

good trailer.. but IMHO.. alum had allot of bounts in the.. if you are fresh water.. steel might be the way to go

Havasu Cig 01-06-2004 05:27 PM

I don't know about the Load Master, but our aluminum MYCO has been the best towing trailer I have owned. I would definitely go with aluminum again.

lonestar382 01-06-2004 09:48 PM

Anyone else know anything about the quality/durability of Load Master???
Surely someone has used them before.

Lonestar

Scott B 01-06-2004 10:25 PM

I see a lot of them under tournament fishing boats here. They tow those things far and hard, trailer must be OK..

Scott B

a1amarine 01-07-2004 12:00 AM

lonestar,

Loadmaster is a great trailer. I have had a couple tandem axles made by them. The best part is that they really stand behind their products. I tow about 10k a year also. If I had to go out and buy a new trailer next week, they would be at the top of my list. (unless money was no object) If your wallet is pretty fat you can always look at a Manning or Myco. $$$$$$$$$

I have also had Performance and Continental trailers.
The Performance brand trailer was pretty good but I didn't own it for more than a year so I can't give long term stats on it. The Continental I had was a POS. I had it for three years and had to replace two of the four spindles, replace quite a few stainless nuts and bolts, (not cheap) and the manual winch and strap. When I spoke with Continental about the trailer they were not very customer service oriented. I would give them a 6 on a scale of 1-10.

Just my $.02

Hope it helps.

J Mitchell

lonestar382 01-07-2004 07:38 AM

thanks alot guys, thats what I was hoping to hear. I would love a Manning or a Myco, but don't really want to fork over the extra dough if I can help it.

thanks again
Lonestar

Scott B 01-07-2004 07:40 AM

J,

Sorry to hear about your Continental issues. I tow mine all over the place, zero issues with them (own two @ the moment) and their customer service here in Miamuh is awesome..

Was your a spring or torsion axle? how big??

Scott B