Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HOT stock tip gone down the tubes (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68166-hot-stock-tip-gone-down-tubes.html)

THEJOKER 01-07-2004 02:00 PM

Here's a good tip MSO on NYSE. I hear this lady knows everything about trading stock! BH

GLH 01-07-2004 02:04 PM

Snake oil sellers of the 90's.
Is anyone surprised of this?? :crazy:
I ear he's on ebay now selling stuff from Romania and making a killing on shipping fees! :p

FormulaFan 01-07-2004 02:54 PM

So called "stock tips" have never worked for me. Stick to the proven winners and index funds....

mcollinstn 01-07-2004 03:28 PM

I've sworn off that crap.

Now I only take stock tips from one man. And he has proven himself over many many many many times. If you read the Indianapolis Star, you will have heard his name a few times. Casual stock tips are no good in my eyes.

Yes, been burnt myself...

robyw1 01-07-2004 03:41 PM

I don't know I did really well getting in on XMSR (XM Radio) back when it was 4.18 per share. It pays to throughly research but no matter what the risk are high and no one can properly predict. Trust only yourself.

Roby

robyw1 01-07-2004 03:44 PM

Whoa... Spoke too soon. Down 1.87

:mad: Roby

CAP071 01-07-2004 03:52 PM

I'm done with stock tips they all go south on me:mad:

10x 01-07-2004 04:37 PM

Re: Excerpt #1

Originally posted by Shane
Need To Make A Nice Hit? LAST CHANCE!? (Post #1)

I WANT TO SHARE SOMETHING WILL ALL OF THE OSO BROTHERS (AND SISTERS). This may not be the place for it but I PROMISE you will all thank me. I have been involved with a stock for over a year. It was at .03 about 3 months ago. It hit the 52 week high of .23 yesterday.

Shane: Thank you for the info. First let me say that my broker who is vice president of Prudential Securities ( one of the biggest firms in the country) which I speak to almost everyday just informed me that stock closed end of day today at .075. (seven and a half cents) so what's up ??? What happened since yesterday? Did everyone sell out??? Do you have any info? I can't help but believe in my broker as his knowledge and expertice pays for ALL my toys and keeps me from holding a 9-5 job.

Scott B 01-07-2004 05:02 PM

10X

Start at the beginning of the thread and read your way down.. They make much more sense that way :) :)

Scott B

Shane 01-07-2004 08:23 PM

Originally posted by SLINGSHOT
shane in lj42's defense, i bought when he said and made a nice chunk, just got out at the right time:eek: so to each his own....
Consider yourself lucky. EXTREMELY lucky! Look at the chart and historical price data. The $0.32 you refer to was an INTRADAY high. I am not saying anything negative about the purveyor of the information. All I am saying is to WATCH OUT and have a solid well balanced portfolio. Just illustrating what happens when stocks are hyped and the guys doing the hyping blow out. If there were any sustainable "REAL" solid FUNDAMENTAL reason for owning the stock it would have TANKED the way it did. Additionally, why was there no post about the time to sell? Seems to me that if this was such an opportunity the sell signal should have been posted to protect OSO members who took the advice to get out and lock in their gains. OR, if the people hyping the stock were selling on the run up in price did they NOT want the same people they convinced to buy, to turn around and sell and thereby leaving them not being able to liquidate their shares? Again, I am NOT insinuating ANYTHING just pointing out what happens and how people get burned!:hothead: