If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member Charter Member vagrant's Avatar
    My Boats:
    poker runs offshore racing
    Lake Norman N.C.
    I just had a two level disk fusion three weeks ago. I have been in alot of pain and they put me on a steriod pill pack that has help alot. I am supposed to be on this for one week. I hope this helps and god speed with your pain

David Ledford
    Champagne taste on a beer Budget

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc

I had herniated L3 in 00 after the race in Sarasota. After about a month of instense pain down the back of my legs I went to see Mike Lospinuso . He actually sent me for the MRI before our first visit. When I saw him he said that I could try injects or any other thearpy of my choice, nut surgery is the only real answer. He said make an appointment for two weeks and we'll talk about it then. I called him at home that night and told him to schedule me for the surgery. Within 8 weeks I was back in the boat racing in NC. The surgery and recovery was not bad, although I didn't need to be fused, yet. He said if I keep going the way I am expect to need the fusion within 10 years. While I was in rehab I met a guy that had a disk replaced using one from a doner. He was doing very well and hopefully that procedure will become more common.

The best advice I can give you is to find a good Dr, even if you have to travel. It's just not worth the risk of what could happen in someone messes up your back.

Sauk City, WI
    My surgeon was able to schedule my injection with the University Of Wisconsin Hospital for Monday, they do the procedure with the aid of a fluoroscope. Hopefully this takes care of my pain for know to allow me to get back to work.

Thanks to everyone

Mr. Demeanor
    Good to hear Vagrant. My fusion is about a year old and Im still seeing slow inprovement. It takes a long time. Eat healthy and take some supplements so your body has what it needs to repair. I took coral calcium for the first year post fusion and my latest film looks real good.

My EX got the Sleekcraft Platinum Member gdfatha's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sadly, no longer have: Sleekcraft 24'
    Apopka, Florida
    Best wishes on on the results Matt.

I had several epidurals (sp) <for cracked vertebrea and discintegrating discs from water skiing incidents> many years ago with injections preceeded by a finger probing my lower spine and the doc saying.. Hmmm I think thats the spot.

Only let them cut as a last resort..

Take care..Always use your knees a shock absorbers---
    marc (Offshore Paparazzo)

Senior Blue Hair~ I'm so old.. I remember
    "Preparation A"...

I have two bulging discs L5 ? other not sure I'M ON PERCS RIGHT NOW I took two to night still in pain doc say PT doesnt help me here is my pain morning stiff, back spasm bougth sides, drive to work 1/2 hour stiff getting out of van then maybe sharpe pain down back of right leg leg gives out almost fall and thats at7 am everyf#cken day pain is about 6 to 8 by noon atake a pill thenat3or4 it helps Istill feel the pain when its a9 or10 Icant dress my self does any one have steady pain in the back that burns feels like someone hit you with a bat ? help

Mr. Demeanor
    Airtime, get a plane to Mayo if you cant get the answers you need near home. Perc arent going to solve your problem and will likely cause other problems. Soem people have herniated discs and get around fine, others are disabled with a small bulge. Check the site I posted above for more info and best wishes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123