Notices

Cabo San Lucas

Old 01-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabo San Lucas

I just booked a trip to Cabo. I'm staying at the Casa del Mar. I've never been to Cabo and was just interested in any feed back anyone can give me and or opinion of Cabo itself. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered

Phantom thanks for the info. I've heard of that bar "squid Row" sounds like a good time. A friend of a friend has a time share down there and he said the same thing. Oh yeah thanks for the pics too!
Old 01-07-2004, 07:04 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

I always love going to Cabo. All the drinking and eating joints around the Marina. Always stayed at Finestera! Have them add Damiana to your Margaritas.
The Trailer Park is great food as well as Felix ( a few blocks off the main drag downtown). Crazy Lobster was fun also. The Office looks like it's on that cove by Billigans? Don't know 'bout this tiime of year but summer is HOT HOT HOT!! Always reminded me of an extension of SoCal. The condoes and houses look like it and the one place in Mexico I thoiught that they drive like the U.S. You will have fun there

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 01-07-2004 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Registered

Thanks for the great info. I'm not going until March so hopefully the weather will be perfect. Hot's O.K. considering right now it's, oh , about 9 degrees F. here in Boston.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:09 PM
Registered

Which time share? We stayed at one and it was AWESOME!!! DON'T DRINK THE WATER!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Registered

I couldn't tell you what time share, but I know he is an avid Sport fishermen and charters one of the picante boats eveytime he goes.You said not to drink the water I knew that but what about the ice?I've done alot of traveling but its something I always wondered.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are a fisherman, than it is the place to go. I found the beach sand and water to be nowhere as nice the Carribbean. No problems with the drinking water in any of the resorts. I agree with the "Be Careful in town" statement. The natives are street smart and literally have nothing to lose, because they are so poor. You will notice this on your ride from the Airport to the resort.
But it beats the hell out of the weather in the Northeast right now.
Be Safe, Enjoy!
Old 01-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Registered

Oh yeah.......and the street and beach vendors too! Always a sell sell sell sell. Great FOOD TOO!

Always throw back the first catch! Only problem was WE only caught one. This was someone elses....

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 01-08-2004 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default abo

The place to eat with real reasonable prices is Cannery Row. My buddy johnny runs it. They have different specials every night.

Like they said The Office during the day, Squid row late at night.

I try to go there at least once a year. I was there in early December for a week and going back the last week in February. My buddy has a house in the Pedregal (mountain which overlooks the town).

If you like quad runners there is a place by the trailerpark restaurant to get them. See Victor. 35 bucks for three hours and they take you out on the reservation and you get to beat the hell out of them.

Another great thing to do is the BAJA cars. $375 and they cut your ass loose on the track. If you love driving this is a rush.

Go to Todos Santos and see the original Hotel California. Nice drive but not to much excitement out there. Good lunches at a couple places in town. All holes in the walls.

A lot of beautiful places to watch the sunset. Watch the whales.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Thanks for the great pics.Definately planning a fishing trip.I heard the food was good and cheap is that true?

Quick Reply: Cabo San Lucas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.