Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   There are Honest people on E-Bay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68249-there-honest-people-e-bay.html)

ragtop409 01-09-2004 09:56 PM

WOW Darin that is cool. Glad the money came back but even more glad to here you gave a nice reward. bolth tuff thing s to do for some people. Rag's

HOUSTONPROP 01-09-2004 10:13 PM

COOL IT PAYS TO BE HONEST

Also today we had another person that ,I guess was from e-bay??? called and asked us if we had found the envelope.:eek:

I just sat back for a minute and thought WOW!

THERE really are some VERY HONEST people out in this world we live in.:cool: And do care.

jryan26 01-09-2004 10:29 PM

He hasn't asked for the refund yet? Usually they ask for their refund right away so the check can bounce and they get the cash.

No. Im getting tired of storing it.

wwwTOPDJcom 01-10-2004 12:08 AM

Re: David H/ NO PROBLEMO

Originally posted by HOUSTONPROP
BUT SPEAKING of computers TOPDJ was that you that was wanting to trade a computer for prop and rework or something , just before Christmas:confused:

I DON'T BE- BEM-BER:D

DARIN

yes I'm gonna call ya and work something out
thinking B1 24 or 26 pitched to 25

HOUSTONPROP 01-10-2004 12:53 AM

Brian

Great,if you ship it??

Ship it to my shop and I will give you a call when it arrives,Thanks a bunch.

Darin

wwwTOPDJcom 01-10-2004 12:58 AM

I dont have a B1 all I have is that laser2 you worked and got me 5 miles hour out it, I will need a used Bravo
and will have to call ya as soon as I get the new motor

mcollinstn 01-10-2004 01:14 AM

dockrocker is pulling our sea legs.
he's got better sense than that.

I've had exceptionally good luck on Ebay with honest people. Sometimes the product isn't as nice as I hope it is, but it has always been as advertised if yuo read between the lines. I just paid over 2 grand for a projector that retailed for over 14 grand new. It was listed as having some scratches and stuff on it as well as not having all the manuals and that it came with a few miscellaneous cables. It came with ALL cables that were ever produced to fit it, and was missing one of the three manuals. The scratches ended up being on the lens tube and they came out almost 95% with a toothbrush and toothpaste. Another ebay happy story.

CAP071 01-10-2004 04:58 AM

Ihave met a fe wHOnest Peopl ein my life. I guess It just comes as a shock when you realize people do want to do the right thing.

HOUSTONPROP 01-10-2004 05:18 AM

E-BAY JUST WHAT IT IS

IT IS A AUCTION,IT CLEARLY STATES THIS,AND Gives you rights both buyer and seller protction plans,

But it's clearly like the huge mistake I made a while back,Brand new in the box mirage plus props and some others as well.

auction time was almost over:eek: :D and in a hurry a placed my bid like a ding- a- ling,could not wait for those new stainless props I,bought at little over 150.00 each with $30.00 shipping,they arrived pulled them out and LEFT HANDED PROPS THEY WERE,I snapped ran to the computer and pulled up the items and in the biggest letters avaliable the sellers said, left hand rotation:eek:

as much as I wanted to complain and *****,the final straw is its a AUCTION,YOU BOUGHT IT YOU GOT IT .

I re-listed the props AS LEFT HAND ROTATION and some lady thought she was doing her husband a favor:D :D and bought the 23 mirage,and never asked a question,until she just couldnt hold it back any more from him -(honey look whatI bought you):rolleyes: :eek: he's replies to her it's a left hand prop:hothead: :mad: she called and asked if she could have her money back,and I said no,it;s a AUCTION YOU should have asked or called me . (she agreed she jumped the gun)

read it know what you are buying and always ask sellers questions,if they are not responsive ,they probably not very trust worthy.I learned the hard way and some times thats what it takes. SLOW DOWN;)

tomtom 01-11-2004 10:33 PM

Well this is my first post on this Forum, I am the guy who bought the prop from Darin that arrived with an extra envelope in it. I didn't even think twice about returning it. What comes around goes around. About eight years ago I left my business checking book in a shopping cart in an Office Depot parking lot. I was freaking out. I got a call from a lady later that night to come by her house and pick it up. Wow, what a releif that was. Glad I could help Darin. BTW do I have to buy beers for everyone as a forum newbie?

Mark T.