Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Moon Trip? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/68344-moon-trip.html)

CAP071 01-09-2004 05:55 AM

Moon Trip?

What do you think? I just heard they plan on going back to the moon. They said they may even establish a base there.

open87 01-09-2004 06:00 AM

and this has to do with??? boating??ah launch near water????:rolleyes:

CAP071 01-09-2004 06:07 AM

Well I hear they are going to open a Dealership up there. sell boats for people like Too Old. No water, No problem :p

CigDaze 01-09-2004 07:41 AM

You think the moon trip was expensive...There will be an announcement next week outlining plans for a manned mission to mars and a permanent outpost on the moon.

ofshore 01-09-2004 09:55 AM

I don't have a problem with it, actually i would say we probably want to be the first ones there, but unfortunately if there are any benefits to be had we probably won't be around to see them even though were going to be paying for some of them:(

Reed Jensen 01-09-2004 10:37 AM

The government could easily pay for both programs.... just put a one dollar a head fee on all the illegal aliens as they pass over the border! Forget about aliens on Mars.... lets deal with the aliens here! :et:

mikev 01-09-2004 11:08 AM

that is one of the few things i feel or government should be doing. All great exploration and discoverys made in tha past were financed by government. were would we be is spain did not fund Columbus' discovery of the new world or England's expense in colonizing the new world.

Indy 01-09-2004 11:41 AM

I'm all for exploration. Many of the advances of materials, techniques, and processes make their way into mainstream. As I've said before, it would be the American gov't creating American jobs (instead of giving business a reason to ship our jobs overseas) that were taught at American Universities that employed American professors who taught them to use American products and on and on and on. The trickle down benefits would be great. We can't lose our technological edge, this would help re-invigorate it. Anyway, this is a drop in the bucket as compared to foreign aid which I definately have a problem with.

mikev 01-09-2004 12:10 PM

I agree with you Indy when it comes to foreign aid we send billions to other countrys so they can ***** about our policys in the UN. I feel if they dont want to support our views they they should get our money f**k em.

CAP071 01-09-2004 02:25 PM

1/2 Trillion Bucks $ easy to get there, they just said on the news.

Most people don't realize the space shuttle doesn't go anywhere near the moon. It just breaks the outer space of earth and that's it. But I heard OSO is going to sponsor the first moon landing in the 2000's :D